Leopard Graphic Update woes on AMD system

redblur94

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Cliff's Notes: Is it possible to install Leopard Graphic Update on an AMD system, and if so how?

Just started using this site for information and I love it. I tried searching and got nothing useful to my particular question so here goes. I'm trying to get an ATI 2400HD Pro working on my hackintosh and am trying to follow this guide: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=95097

As my post on that thread states, I am having trouble getting the kext to appear so I can insert my vendor ID. That said, I am trying to install the Leopard Graphic Update in hopes that it will allow me to see/edit that ATIRadeonX2000.kext file. Has anyone been able to install the Leopard Graphic Update on an AMD system and if so how was that accomplished? Everytime I try simply by downloading the dmg from apple site the machine "installs successfuly", reboots, and then hangs after listing my machine name and never boots.

Thanks in advance!

John

Don't know if it will help but I have a Radeon X200M (11000 express) in my AMD laptop. You can check out my post in this forum: Dual Boot on Acer Aspire 3050- Lead on MacAcer! I found I had to have the Leopard Graphics update in order to get resolution switching working. It may give you a hint. Good luck!