Bootcamp....

20 posts in this topic

I have been looking for boot camp everywhere... I found that apple has i guess dicontinued it unless you buy the new leopard im guessing... So i downloaded a torrented version of the beta and i cant run it cause it is expired... anyone now how to either get it running again or can send me a link to a non beta or send me their file? Would be greatly appreciated...

No i dont i use Kalyway 10.5.2 dvd.

Huh? You do not need Bootcamp if your on a Hackint0sh. Only on real Macs. I wouldnt download any beta version of it. Just get Kalyway, iAtkos or whatever to install Leopard on your box and make a dualboot with windooze.

• 3 months later...
But isn't boot camp WAAAY more user friendly?

It wont run on your Hackingtosh and just split your HDD and install Windows then use FreeBCD to add mac partiton to Boot

Well not true anymore, :)

u just have to be kind enough and find the right word to make things do all u want from 'em

post-80278-1221985708_thumb.png

post-80278-1221985773_thumb.png

the only thing now is to findout why it just recognize only one HD and not the others..

i'm not sure but this could be related to some modding on system kext or other, not really started investigating this issue but that's what i'm going to do..

I'll keep u informed if some are still interested on running Bootcamp instead to have to make a dual bootpartition..

• 3 weeks later...

There is one really good reason to get bootcamp working on a hackintosh. That reason is to show that it can be done and prove that a hackintosh is even closer to a real Mac than previously thought. It is sort of like why mountain climbers climb mountains. They climb them because they are there. The hackintosh community wants boot camp because it is Apple software, and Macs run all Apple software as should hackintoshes.

So in conclusion, LAbyOne, you have to share; otherwise, people are going to think it is a photoshop job.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hi,

I had installed JaS MAC OS X 10.5.2 on my INTEL Machine and everything works fine except for the ' Boot Camp Assistant'.

When I try to open it, a message is displayed saying 'Application is not supported on this Architecture. Is there any way to get it to work?

Please help me....