Cirrus Audio

iv3rson

5 posts in this topic

Hello to everyone!

I installed the 10.4.3 os X on an acer travelmate 250 notebook with the following config:

Intel P4 2.6 GHz

256 ram

40 gb ata hdd

for windows i used the cirrus audio driver,but for mac i can`t find any solutions,and i have no sound.

can anybody help me please?

p.s.

i also have a problem with the usb ports.

i had to disable USB Legancy in bios,with the USB Legancy enabled my keybord and trackpad wouldn`t work? any ideeas?

Jeebus, 10.4.3. Get a new one, like 10.4.8 and up. But you have an AC97 Card, AppleAC97Audio.kext will do it.

i forgot to mention...the first time i ran the os x,the sound was workin`,but i could only use an usb mouse...after i disabled the Legancy USB from bios..the keyboard and trackpad started working,but the sound stopped working :(

the 10.4.8 doesn`t run on my notebook,i tried the 10.4.8 JaS dvd.i will get a new notebook untill the end of this year i hope,until then i have to work with this one:D

Mh, get then 10.4.4. Some older Laptops have Problems with 10.4.8 and up.

From WIKI:

Acer Travelmate 250

P4 2.6ghz without SSE3, 855MG

Installation Method:

used 10.4.4 "Generic Install Disk" without installing 10.4.5 patch

Mh, get then 10.4.4 , 10.4.5, 10.4.6 or 10.4.7. Some older Laptops have Problems with 10.4.8 and up.

thanks for your response.

i searched the wiki and the my notebook says it`s compatible with 10.4.4...i will try and find at least the 10.4.5 version.

but i was still hoping someone here could help me with the current mac i have installed.