Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

xps m1730

7 posts in this topic

my specs

dell xps m1730

core2extreme 3.4ghz

dual nvidia 8800m gtx 1gb sli

4gb ram

anybody have any success with this system? any help appricieted

Define "success".

I can install MacOS 10.5.4 using the iAtkos installer, but I have yet to get the Dual 8800M GTX to work. In fact after I install the nvidia drivers it doesn't shutdown properly and then I have to power it off and that leads to all sorts of trouble next boot.

Try it out, let us know of progress.

Yeah, I was working on it with aqua-mac for a little while however nothing progressed >_<. X86 Tools produced an GFX EFI string for one of my cards (it was recognized, 512mb but no CI/QE) and then on second reboot it didn't work...

What is your EFI string? I know it probably won't work on mine however it would be interesting to compare to the one I had from X86 Tools.

I generated my EFI string using the handraulic method found here: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php?topic=222.0

It is:

in my com.apple.Boot.plist

I also have the internal network card working (albeit with mac address of 00:00:00:00:00 - not a problem for me, just setup a rule in DHCP server to assign an address to all zeros MAC) and use a USB Belkin 7050 (v1) for my wireless.

Sound works, but mic doesn't.

All in all, I'd be pretty happy if I could work out how to get DVI happening, so I'm looking into NVCAP values.