Kalyway Leopard Won't Recognize iPod

8 posts in this topic

I'm using Kalyway 10.5.2, with internet, audio & usb all working fine. For some reason my 16GB iPod Touch doesn't show up when I plug it in. All my other external drives work fine, iTunes Helper is running, but for some reason my iPod just won't register anywhere, it won't even charge. Can someone please help?

• 2 months later...

Yeah I've been having the same problem. My iPod touch 2.0.1 isn't being connected to iTunes 7.7.1 and I don't know why. My flash drives and external drives seem to have no problem registering but eh..

The really odd thing is that my iPod does in-fact show up in the System Profiler, so you would think it would at least be charging but it isn't...

Any advice?

~Alex K.

Same problem here - i have the Kalyway 10.5.2 mostly working. I havent updated neither itunes nor mac osx. When i plugin my ipod touch (jailbroken 1.1.4) i get nothing - no indication anywhere that its been detected. What is stranger is that from time to time i get a message saying "iPod disconnected". Have no idea about a fix.

Anyone?

hi, i'm having the same trouble here, and it appears that those guys found a fix for it: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?t...0&tstart=73

i'm trying it and posting back the results in a while

The link didn't bring me anywhere, did you already try what it suggested? Did it work? and if you are still in the process of trying do you think you could tell me basically what it did suggest?

All help appreciated

~Alex K

I noticed 10.5.2 wasn't properly detecting my iPod because of kernel/System.kext combination I was using. If they are not both for the very same version (ie, both kernel v10.5.2 and System.kext of a 10.5.2 OS X), my iPod were detected only if I booted my machine with it plugged in and "detected" by BIOS.

After I moved to 10.5.4, using ModBin kernel/System.kext files, all is working back.

Yeah, mine would spot the iPod but complain it couldn't recognize it.

Reboot with it plugged in, and it syncs fine when OS X starts. Having the same issue with my external hard drive sometimes, though. USB problem, perhaps?