SAM Multimedia error

ViperKid89

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My first post here...

First things first, my system:

Mobo: Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 nForce 650 GPU: GeForce 8800GTX 768MB CPU: Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.40GHz B3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800MHz Dual Channel (2 x 1GB) Media Drive: Samsung SH-S182MBEBN Heatsink: Noctua NH-U12P PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850W

I have been searching around the forums for days now trying to get my Kalyway 10.5.2 working on my system, but I have run into a few problems. Initially I couldn't install becuase I was trying to put it on a SATA drive, which i've now read isn't supported on my chipset. So i then tried to use a 200GB IDE drive i had lying around, again, no luck, this time receiving the following error:

AppleNVIDIAnForceATA: NVIDIA MCP51 IDE (CMD 0x170, CTR 0x374, IRQ 23, BM 0xf808)
AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce MCP 51 Serial ATA by MeDevil (CMD 0x970, CTR 0xb70, IRQ 23, BM 0xf808)
AppleNForceATA: warning: phy connection failed. status=0x00000000
AppleNForceATA: found 0 units
Still waiting for root device

So I then deleted the partition on this IDE drive and gave it a 30GB partition in the FAT32 format, which is now as far as i have got because i'm now getting the follow error in the boot kernel (I am doing the press F8, -x -legacy cpus=1 procedure):

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleOnboardPCATA" has no explicit kernel dependency; using version 6.0.
USBF:	0.602	AppleUSBOHCI[0x4879000]::CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep
USBF:	0.629	AppleUSBOHCI[0x4915800]::CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep
USBF:	0.637	AppleUSBOHCI[0x4915000]::CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep
USBF:	0.649	AppleUSBOHCI[0x4879800]::CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep
AppleNVIDIAnForceATA: NVIDIA MCP51 IDE (CMD 0x170, CTR 0x374, IRQ 15, BM 0xfd08)
USBF:   2.667	AppleUSBOHCI[0x488a000]::CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep
SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x06, ASC - 0x29, ASCQ = 0x00

And so on....

I have looked at the topic regarding nVidia 650 and 680i chipsets and followed those instructions to no avail.

Oh and i forgot to mention, i burnt the Kalyway 10.5.2 disc on my MacBook at 1x and verify data after burning.

I hope I have provided enough details and any help would be very very much appreciated, I'm starting to pull my hair out trying to get this to work!

You should burn another image:that error almost all the time is due to a bad disc.If you are very sure that is not the disc,maybe is the nForce support for your DVD drive (there is an AppleNForceATA.kext that doesn't work with some DVD drives).Try again...

I've tried one disc I burnt on my MacBook at 1x and a disc I burnt with Nero 7 at fastest speed and they both do the same thing. I'm downloading Leo4All and another (Called Leopard-10.5.2-AMD-EFI-Rev2.iso) to see if they will work. I suppose i could pull the DVD drive from my old machine and try that if you think it could make a difference?

Another idea I had was to get a hot swap casing for my IDE drive, plug it in via USB to my MacBook, format it and install Kalyway straight onto the HDD via my MacBook, though i'm not sure if that would work?

I've tried one disc I burnt on my MacBook at 1x and a disc I burnt with Nero 7 at fastest speed and they both do the same thing. I'm downloading Leo4All and another (Called Leopard-10.5.2-AMD-EFI-Rev2.iso) to see if they will work. I suppose i could pull the DVD drive from my old machine and try that if you think it could make a difference?

Another idea I had was to get a hot swap casing for my IDE drive, plug it in via USB to my MacBook, format it and install Kalyway straight onto the HDD via my MacBook, though i'm not sure if that would work?

Maybe that would work,but you should select no driver or anything.Remember,if is not the DVD,maybe the problem is the extension described in my previous post.In that case,just replace it from your Macbook once Leopard is installed...

How would I go about doing that? Sorry, not been doing this for long and haven't looked into editing KEXT files...

If the extension is the problem you don't need to edit any kext,just replace it with other that does works (you can do it even using Windows).Don't worry,it is too easy,but first,you must install it right?...I will tell you later