D-Link DWL-G520?

8 posts in this topic

I'm not going to go out and buy something else just becuse it doesn't work with an illegal operating system, it ain't gonna happen. I just wanna try and get all my hardware working. So far everything is except my video card and my wireless card, which I don't use anyway...

sorry, you appear to have misunderstood me.

Find out what the chipset is in the card. The model name tells us (& you) nothing.

Then see whether there is any way to get that *chipset* to work.

35887789gd7.jpg

It's Rev B then... which works (Atheros Chipset) ... you just have to do some tweaking. There are a couple posts about it on this forum. Basically you need to get the IO80211Family.kext from the 10.4.8 update, extract it with Pacifist, put it in your extensions folder, then load it up. That's an EXTREMELY abbreviated version, but if you search, it shouldn't be too hard to find a guide.

• 1 month later...

Do you guys mind telling me what to search for at least? I've got to the point where I extracted that IO80211Family.kext file. However, I'm not sure what to do after that.

Do I copy and replace that the newer one with this 10.4.8 version of IO80211Famil.kext file and edit that out somehow?