AD1988B sound

davejones

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have an onboard AD1988B soundcard, but every time I install either AppleAzalia.pkg or Taruga's AD1988b installer rev 3, the sound works straight away but after a reboot the audio disappears (icon & entries under Built-In Audio)

I have repaired permissions on \System\Library\Extensions and cleared all the kext caches, but it still keeps happening.

Thank you for your time & advise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The installer caused a kernel panic when loading HDAEnabler at boot for me. I had to move AppleHDA from /System/Library/Extensions and into /kext_backup to get it booting again!

Still no sound though, otherwise I have a perfect system. AzaliaAudio.kext doesn't seem to be working either. Has anyone got this sound card on this motherboard working?

• 4 weeks later...
The installer caused a kernel panic when loading HDAEnabler at boot for me. I had to move AppleHDA from /System/Library/Extensions and into /kext_backup to get it booting again!

Still no sound though, otherwise I have a perfect system. AzaliaAudio.kext doesn't seem to be working either. Has anyone got this sound card on this motherboard working?

I have it working with VoodooHDA.kext I also tryed this kext and looks its not working on SnowLeopard ;o( still trying to find anything better.