For those with problems with DWL g520

alixbd

4 posts in this topic

Hey... I'm a total noob at this as well, so it took me forever to figure this out (although it should be really obvious), but for those that are trying to get the D-Link DWL G520 Rev B to work, the steps must be done in the FOLLOWING order:

-Download the 10.4.8 update from Apple.com

-Extract IO80211Family.kext with Pacifist

-Install it in the systems/library/extensions folder

-EDIT System/library/extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Plugins/AirportAtheros5424.kext/contents/info.plist with added the pci168c,0013 (this is the step I screwed up on.. I did it after)

- Repair permissions

- do all the rigamaroll in Terminal (chmod,chown,kextload)

- Then finally in network preferences, go to the newly popped up Airport Icon and click APPLY.

If it's not done in this order, it will not work!

It took my (not so) genius 5 days to figure this out!

Good look to you all! I'm happy!

• 10 months later...
Hey... I'm a total noob at this as well, so it took me forever to figure this out (although it should be really obvious), but for those that are trying to get the D-Link DWL G520 Rev B to work, the steps must be done in the FOLLOWING order:

-EDIT System/library/extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Plugins/AirportAtheros5424.kext/contents/info.plist with added the pci168c,0013 (this is the step I screwed up on.. I did it after)

- Repair permissions

- Then finally in network preferences, go to the newly popped up Airport Icon and click APPLY.

works great... thx =)

• 3 months later...

- Repair permissions

I greatly apologize for my noob question that will come forth but can someone give me a more detailed guide on how to do the chmod, chown, kextload. I did actually achieve everything up to repair permissions but do not know what to do next because the dwl-g520 does not appear anywhere. Please can someone guide me through the process on how to do this. Thank you for tolerating a newbie question.

• 4 weeks later...

- Repair permissions

This one don't work for me...