ISO burning tip

13 posts in this topic

I am just new at osx86 stuff but I thought I should pass on a solution that worked for me. My first attempts at burning a couple of different releases Jas & Kalyway using Nero failed regardless of what speed they were burnt, I produced 5 coasters. At first I suspected the ISOs may have been corrupt but after checking that the hashs were what they should be I looked at what could be going wrong with the burns. I searched these forums but didn't not find an answer that worked. Then I tried dvddecrypter to do do the burning and haven't looked back, not a single one has failed. I hope this helps some of you.

I am just new at osx86 stuff but I thought I should pass on a solution that worked for me. My first attempts at burning a couple of different releases Jas & Kalyway using Nero failed regardless of what speed they were burnt, I produced 5 coasters. At first I suspected the ISOs may have been corrupt but after checking that the hashs were what they should be I looked at what could be going wrong with the burns. I searched these forums but didn't not find an answer that worked. Then I tried dvddecrypter to do do the burning and haven't looked back, not a single one has failed. I hope this helps some of you.

I used that too until I got mac loaded now I use the Disk utility and haven't looked back. :):D

hey,

did your video card work?, i have the same too i tried yesterday to burn the iso file using nero 7, got an error message at the beginning, saying something about wrong mode!

anyway i clicked ignore and continued, on boot, got error message wrong file system, something like that.

DVDdecrypter, u said that made things work and you had a clean boot process from the DVD right?

could u try to illustrate the steps, or is there some options need to be added, to get the kalyway dvd to boot,

i have kalyway 10.5.2 iso file

and thanx for sharing.

i burned Kalyway 10.5.2 on a dvd, when i rebooted (boot with dvd), i got these errors

EBIOS read error 0x32

block 6476600 sector 64

there were like five of those then the computer halted.

what could be causing this, any ideas anyone, i have installed tiger 10.4.10 before prefect install not one problem in the process!

the only prob i got, was the video-lan-CD-sound i had no drivers!

anyway,

My computer specs are:-

Windows XP SP3

GigaByte GA-p35 Quad core 2.4 Ghz / 8MB L2 cache, 4GB RAM

3 Harddrives: 2=sata (320GB-160GB) / 1=IDE (200GB)

Nvida 8500 GT

DVD-RW Sony - IDE

Dlink Network card PCI

i'll be installing leopard on Sata drive 160gb

heres what i did so far:

my first try, just burned the iso on the DVD

this was my second try : i extracted the ISO file by isobuster, then i got the img file and all the folders and burned the img with everything else.

both gave me the same error messages above!

what am i doing wrong!?

6 DVD's now and not one working ;)

same error messages!

Thanx i tried imgburn, at 4X same problem man!

the file i downloaded Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso 2 GB

could it be corrupted!

can someone tell me or point me to the right direction, and tell me where he downloaded his working iso version.

thanx in advance

6 DVD's now and not one working :wacko:

same error messages!

Thanx i tried imgburn, at 4X same problem man!

the file i downloaded Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso 2 GB

could it be corrupted!

can someone tell me or point me to the right direction, and tell me where he downloaded his working iso version.

thanx in advance

2GB for Kalyway?! your ISO definitely corrupted. it should be about ~4GB.

you can check the MD5 for sure.

I have RapidShare links for Kalyway 10.5.2, Leo4Allv3, and iATKOS 2.0i.

PM me if you need it.

i burned Kalyway 10.5.2 on a dvd, when i rebooted (boot with dvd), i got these errors

EBIOS read error 0x32

block 6476600 sector 64

there were like five of those then the computer halted.

what could be causing this, any ideas anyone, i have installed tiger 10.4.10 before prefect install not one problem in the process!

the only prob i got, was the video-lan-CD-sound i had no drivers!

anyway,

My computer specs are:-

Windows XP SP3

GigaByte GA-p35 Quad core 2.4 Ghz / 8MB L2 cache, 4GB RAM

3 Harddrives: 2=sata (320GB-160GB) / 1=IDE (200GB)

Nvida 8500 GT

DVD-RW Sony - IDE

Dlink Network card PCI

i'll be installing leopard on Sata drive 160gb

heres what i did so far:

my first try, just burned the iso on the DVD

this was my second try : i extracted the ISO file by isobuster, then i got the img file and all the folders and burned the img with everything else.

both gave me the same error messages above!

what am i doing wrong!?

I am having the SAME exact problem. Did the same thing and I get that Block 6476600 sectos 64 error message and after that pops up a few times it all locks up on me. Computer should be compatible, I was originally using an aopen computer but I was getting a different message now I am trying another computer.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ SSE3, X86-64

ATI Radeon Xpress 200 (RS/RX480SB400)

Using a 200GB Sata HD

1 gig Ram

computer currently running XP on a seperate 40 gig HD (IDE)

I heard dual booting xp and mac wasnt so great but I cant really upgrade to vista so If I have to get rid of xp and just use mac streight up I might go that rout. But for now what is up with this error message? THANKS

Huh thats pretty cool. I used Windows+Nero OEM to burn the DVD9 for Leopard 10.5 and then my Tiger installation to make the DVD5 disc that I used to install the OS. I only use DVDShrink to copy my movies for friends. But yeah its a pretty good burning program specially for ISOs.

• 6 months later...

I've finally solved the "EBIOS read error" and also found out why Kalyway gives this problem. Actually it's a Roxio Toast bug.

As Arial said before a 2 GB Kalyway iso is corrupted. I've tried downloading the file again and only found the same zip I've downloaded earlier, but it was 3.66 GB. After burning the iso to a DVD on my iMac it woudn't boot on the PC. I burnt all the files in a data DVD to try and burn them on the PC, but somehow Toast corrupted my iso, transforming it to the same 2 GB iso that I had tried burning with almost every PC burner I could find, that gave me that stupid EBIOS read error.

I used Disk Utility to burn the 3.66 GB iso on my iMac and the problem was solved. Darwin booted with no problems. :(

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to say thanks for this tip - it worked a treat for me and my installation currently has 6 minutes remaining. I was getting the EBIOS error constantly after burning the ISO with ROXIO, then came to the forums here punched the error into search read this one, downloaded dvd decrypter, burnt the ISO and it worked straight up - thanks a bunch for the tip :unsure: !!!