Logic Studio and Vanilla Kernel Leopard

pet1

10 posts in this topic

Using an intel core 2 duo e7200, 4gig ddr2 800mhz and 7600 gt with efi gfx and sfx alc662 working. Anyway. I've noticed that while using logic studio and the vanilla kernel, logic goes out of sync and says something like... sample rate 4500.... 44000 expected.... I tried the 9.2.2 hacked kernel and it works beautifully. I got back to vanilla 9.2.2 kernel and sync errors. I tested my 10.4.11 vanilla drive and that works very well too. So it must be something with the vanilla kernel and logic on a hack setup. Any ideas?

what audio hardware u using? I'm using m-audio 1814. Strange man, hacked kernel works fine. Although, not sure if it's running in 64 bit. Also, which leopard install are u using?

start chess - in activity monitor you will see if it´s running in 64 bit.

I´m using a saffire 26. I guess that your m-audio is making the trouble.

try starting logic with the onboard soundcard......then you know :P

• 4 weeks later...

I was getting the 10.5.3 + 9.3 Vanilla sample rate error too. But only on one of my hacks, and they have the same MOBO. One has a CPU with unlocked multiplier. Hmmmm. :D

The fix? Set overclock CPU ratio to 9.0

CPU ratio of 8.5 or 9.5 caused the errors.

At least for me ;)

:)

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have an asus pb5 deluxe wifi with firewire TI. Everithing work fine in may sistem with 10.5.4, but my m-audio fw1814 audio interface haver little and random crackles only in the input audio. I tested almost everything but the results are almost the same.

Vanila kernel 9.2 or 9.3 give the same results.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...