Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
X-Nitro

Mac OS X

9 posts in this topic

1- It is illegal for us to post links to a place where you could download this. However, try the usual torrent sites. You know- where pirates hang out, and where the demons lurk...

2- The latest version is 10.4.5 However, if you are new to this (which it looks like you are) I highly suggest that you install 10.4.3 first. It is not as complicated to install, and I believe it is more stable, and better performing anyway. In the future, once you have experience with 10.4.3, upgrading to a later version will be much easier for you!

I am very comfortable with OS X x86 now, but, I am still keeping 10.4.3 8F1111A with the JaS patch v4.2b, because I don't think upgrading is really worth it!

Thanks jbjonas

Torrent i have found.. but i am afraid it will take so long time to download it.. So if you have a link send to private message or to e-mail

anyway. I have installed 10.3.9

can i Update it to 10.4.4 ???

Ah, are you on a real Mac, as opposed to a PC? If so, then you need to go purchase a full version of OS X 10.4. It is a free upgrade to go from there to 10.4.5, but not free from 10.3.9.

If, however, you are hell-bent on getting an illegal copy of 10.4, then go right ahead. Make sure you are downloading the regular PowerPC version, and not the cracked x86 version.

And as a side note, Torrents will be much faster than a direct link.

Wow, that was a surprise! I didn't realize you are on a real Macintosh!! sorry about that- disregard what I said earlier - I was talking about OS X on x86 hardware (PC's which normally run Windows...) and i didn't check what forum you posted this in. Othewise, just listen to what theocryst said. :dev:

Guys. I am sorry.. may be i didn't explane right way. I have Apple G5. and it came with 10.3.9

I have found torrent link - osx86_10.4.4 Install DVD.iso

is it correct download for me?

and regarding your post i understand that there is a version of MAC OS that u can install on PC?