Firewire drive not mounting

Red Oak

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am running a retail 10.5.2 install with all Apple updates and I have the 9.2.0 kernel installed to allow for s3 sleep.(9.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386)

At some point something has changed with my firewire external drive I know that it has mounted before but honestly i was not paying close enough attention to remember when (I will not make that mistake again). If i go to about this computer the hard drive shows up when I click on the firewire tab. The problem is that it does not show up in disk utility and I cant figure out how to mount it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as i am just getting settled with OSX86

Before I get scolded for not searching I have to say that the only thing I could find had to do with the system kext and the kernel not matching. I have read that this can cause problems with usb, how about firewire?

EDIT: It appears as if syncing the mach and system kexts does effect FW too.

Before I get scolded for not searching I have to say that the only thing I could find had to do with the system kext and the kernel not matching. I have read that this can cause problems with usb, how about firewire?

EDIT: It appears as if syncing the mach and system kexts does effect FW too.

yes, it will affect every time of disk mounting (even disk images).