This is what happens when forums aren't moderated

25 posts in this topic

I'm sorry, but this is serious enough to warrant some degree of explanation. We now have a thread specifically devoted to banning a user from a forum, because people have whined and screamed about being moderated in a "real life" forum.

This is the mob now trying to rule because the moderators are now too scared to moderate this forum for fear of their nonexistent free speech rights here.

I second...

not joking. :thumbsdown_anim:

You can be joking or not joking but if you ever go to that forum, you would see what I am talking about. You can agree or disagree with my positions but it is hard to condone what JonTheSavage does in his replies. Though I must admit, after that thread, he seems to have calmed down a bit in his responses.

Skylla it feels like you taking everything a bit too seriously.

First of all before I read that forum topic you put me in a weird position by stating this "You can agree or disagree with my positions but it is hard to condone what JonTheSavage does in his replies."

this sounds like: You can agree or disagree with my positions but its hard not agree with my position in this case

So right away if a disagree with you here you put me in a position where I feel that you feel uncomfortable with my position.

this is a nice way of saying I'm an idiot if I don't agree with you.(which is the same as JonTheSavage woud say)

after reading the forum topic: JonTheSavage can come off as a rude idiot(just like I just did by choosing those words), but you can chose to not take his insults so seriously.

like when someone can't understand your way of thinking he might say "man are you on drugs?". he doesn't really want to know what drugs you are taking.he's just playing with you.

the things he says is not so bad especially when you consider his nick(member name) then things just seem funny rather than insulting.

anyways that being said I'm not really trying to make a point here just wasting time until my modified leo4all torrent finishes downloading

I would REALLY like to keep him doing what he does!

Since he's been here I've not called ANYONE a "DUMBASS" but him and that keeps me out of trouble! :D

He also provides light entertainment and that must have some value? It's like, my drunk uncle Charlie, everybody always waits at the telephone on Sunday morning to hear what he did on Saturday evening and if we were then allowed to go to church or not! :)

StiCMAN

You can be joking or not joking but if you ever go to that forum, you would see what I am talking about. You can agree or disagree with my positions but it is hard to condone what JonTheSavage does in his replies. Though I must admit, after that thread, he seems to have calmed down a bit in his responses.

I am sorry, I am confused or you are...

I meant I second banning A Nonny Moose.

@nonny: you're totally wrong

the problem with that section is that there are so many doubting topics there that we cannot whine for every little thing.

that's why we make a move only when something gets reported by someone.(and i admit i haven't seen that thread before)

that said, this forum is formerly ment to talk about a specific topic(apple and hackintosh), and, i noticed that the real life section is being abused by some people to wide their beliefs using rude attitude, not to mention that some of those people do not post on other sections of the whole forum.. this is just not the right place to throw your words to the audience, ok?

@nonny: you're totally wrong

the problem with that section is that there are so many doubting topics there that we cannot whine for every little thing.

that's why we make a move only when something gets reported by someone.(and i admit i haven't seen that thread before)

that said, this forum is formerly ment to talk about a specific topic(apple and hackintosh), and, i noticed that the real life section is being abused by some people to wide their beliefs using rude attitude, not to mention that some of those people do not post on other sections of the whole forum.. this is just not the right place to throw your words to the audience, ok?

Completely agree.

Horrible? How in any way was that horrible? If anything, horrible describes the nouns used by JonTheSavage.

What the board basically said was "Kill anyone who disagrees with us to ensure peace." While he was virulent in his responses, that was certainly not the way to do it.

There can be no good when it comes about through such a horrible way.

Naa dude. Some good is still some good. Although I didn't agree with the method of reaching this point, we are still here.

What the board basically said was "Kill anyone who disagrees with us to ensure peace." While he was virulent in his responses, that was certainly not the way to do it.

Although I agree completely that was not the way to do it, I'm wondering if you were reading a different topic from me from your other comment here. :pirate2:

Well Mebster is right at least we reached a point where there is more peace and politeness. The forums are moderated perfectly by this wonderful team and what happened is what JonTheSavae brought on himself.

Well Mebster is right at least we reached a point where there is more peace and politeness. The forums are moderated perfectly by this wonderful team and what happened is what JonTheSavae brought on himself.

Have I missed something?

What has happened?

I like having him around - it's a good test of my debating skills, imho. If I can debate with him, I can debate with anyone :) (brick walls included)

Not to pull like a hippy new age psychologist here, but I do sorta feel like we can be very much hard on Jon, me being one of the hardest on him. We do have the choice not to read his topics or posts, or if we do read them, to not respond to them, or to respond to them in a respectful way. Just putting my two cents in....

I second...not joking. :D

Are you still sore from the report festival I had on you?

Not to pull like a hippy new age psychologist here, but I do sorta feel like we can be very much hard on Jon, me being one of the hardest on him. We do have the choice not to read his topics or posts, or if we do read them, to not respond to them, or to respond to them in a respectful way. Just putting my two cents in....

Exactly. You willingly chose to read his posts and you willingly chose to respond to his posts. Then you willingly chose to see him call you an abomination to humanity or whatever he chose to call you. Now it's completely different if he were directly in front of you saying these things to your face, but this is an internet message board. You can pick and choose who to read and who not to read.

Until we have an "ignore user feature" (which I thought we did have, but I couldn't find it for the life of me), we should have:

1. Practiced some self-control.

2. Use the report button, since that is apparently the only way a moderator will get involved (and I do remember a moderator commenting in the ban thread before it got deleted).

A Nonny Moose,

There is an ignore user feature. Add a person to your block list and their posts will show up like "You have chosen to block posts from this user. Click here to view this post". I know cause I used it on Kiko :)

:):D

Thanks, ~pcwiz. I knew we had one somewhere/somehow.

Compared to other boards, though, it takes a lot of effort to add someone to the ignore list.