Audio Problem!

skyhighmac

4 posts in this topic

Ok. So I am editing a theatre production in FCP 2. Another person helped me out by recording the audio out from the mixer. The problem is when I bring it in to fcp and sync it to a specific point with the video and the rest of the audio (I am syncing the recording to the audio track from my video camera). Later down in the show, the audio increasingly becomes out of sync. So, maybe a second ten minues in and 10 seconds off at 60 minutes.

How do I fix this??

I was running around like a madman and didn't have time to check the settings other than for the aiff file format. (I ran the audio and lighting for the show as well as video. btw, its volunteer work).

Could be differences in sample rates, however this would be more than a 10/3600 difference.

It's kind of hard to say without looking at your data, but check your video FPS and audio sample rate. Maybe sample some audio from your video camera and compare the sample rate/depth with the mixer-out track. It could help in narrowing down the discrepancy.

I cannot say why that happend, but I can say that there are several solutions for audio time-compression/expansion without changing the pitch!

I don't know fcp2, so I don't know if it has such function!

if not, I would load the audio into logic or any other audio sequencer/editing program, that has such a function or the ability to use a plugIn for this matter and expand or compress the audio to your needs! (not shure but I thing loading a time expansion/compression plugIn into fcp2 should be possible too!)

good luck

Yeah. Thanks for the suggestions. I exported the audio from soundtrack pro as 32-bit floating, the same ass my timeline and the sync is not as off, but still off. I decided to splice up the audio and only use that audio when needed, to save me time.