Need help Reinstalling Tiger

nate256

6 posts in this topic

So my friend got this old Power Mac from work, but it is password protect with firevault and the company does not want to give the password back out because of information that might be on the computer. So i am going to reinstall Tiger on it.

I would like to know, if any ATA HDD will work or must it be special. I have a spare 60 gig ATA HDD and would want to know it the install would work on it?

Can tiger be reinstalled with Firevault on it already?

Also can you buy a wireless card the would work in it?

but I really just want Tiger back on.

Oh and no this computer wasn't stolen

Thank you for your help!

As the above poster mentioned, any IDE hard drive will be fine.

As for wireless, you can either find an old crappy 802.11b Airport card for around $100, or if you have any open PCI slots on your PowerMac, get yourself a Sonnet Aria Extreme Wireless card. It uses the same chipset as the Airport Extreme wireless cards, meaning its plug and play compatible with OS X 10.4. You can usually find these on Amazon or eBay for around $80, or you can buy it directly from Sonnet:

http://www.sonnettech.com/product/aria_pci.html

Or ebay a USB wireless dongle for a lot less. I've purchased two different ones (lost the first) and they both worked, although the first one would drop out because it overheated when I was downloading :pirate2: stuff using it.

How do i boot off the install dvd?

and how many disks is it?

i have like 5 or 6!!!

is the first disk the one I use?

To get it to boot from the cd/dvd you need to press c and boot from the cd/dvd/

And yes you start with the first cd and it instructs you to inset the rest throughout the installation.