Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
iCase

Dell Lat D620 will now ONLY use external monitor?

2 posts in this topic

So i was doing a bunch of work today and plugged my dell FP2005W 20" LCD to the VGA port on my Lat D620 with GMA950 that has been fantastic with 10.5.2 kalayway. Everything is fine, switch to 1680x1050, humming along. Time to go out to lunch, goto bring the laptop with me... it won't use the built in screen. I can Fn-F8 and get a garbled display on the internal LCD, reboot... just black screen after the Apple gray loading screen. I plug in the VGA cable and sure enough theres my desktop on the external monitor. What can I do to get the display back working on the internal LCD? Thanks!

No one? Seems related to the Leopard Graphics Update. I reinstalled from scratch, and have been fine for over a week. Now, I got the option to install th Leo graphics update, do it, and same symptons. Only external display will work. Any way to uninstall this piece of trash?