Installing Leopard 10.5.1 Kalyway on Toshiba Qosmio G15-AV501-5

7 posts in this topic

Hi all, I've got an Toshiba Qosmio G15-AV501-R, a multimedia PC, that I've installed Leopard on. The machine has the Kalyway 10.5.1 installer and kalyway 10.5.2 update installed. The machine does not detect the wireless card, nor does it have sound.

Here's what it has (Assume onboard):

Intel Centrino 1.8GHz

Intel 2200BG Wireless

nVidia GeForce Go 6600 (FX series)

DVD MultiDrive (Matsu{censored}a UJ-830S)

SoundMax Digital Sound card

Firewire 400 (IEEE 1394)

Here's what's works:

LCD Panel (1280x800x32) with com.apple.boot.plist modification

USB

DVD Multidrive

Here's what doesn't:

nVidia GeForce Go 6600:

I've tried all of nVidia solutions on this board; all result in a kernel panic or hang boot. Are there any solutions for this particular card (not the desktop version, or LE, or other variants). NVInject doesn't work with this card. At this point, I'd just like it recognize the card and run at native resolution. QE & CI would be nice, but I just want the native 1440x900 resolution at the very least. I can't seem to get with the boot.plist modification to force that resolution. The resolution will go no higher than 1280x800.

Intel 2200BG wireless:

I've tried the iwi2200.dmg install package. I've repaired disk permissions, etc. and end up error windows "this package wasn't installed correctly." I'm following that thread, and trying new builds as they come out. One other solution, caused a repeated kernel panic.

SoundMax Digital Soundcard:

Plain and simple. No sound of any sort. Card seems problematic in Ubuntu as well.

ACPI Interface/Sleep/Suspend:

This doesn't work at all. Installing the package included with Kalyway introduces a failed install and/or start up.

Battery Management:

Works under Tiger 10.4.8 install (Jas) doesn't work with Leopard.

Processor Management (Speed-Step):

Not working. The processor goes full tilt unless unplugged.

Bump.

Tried Natit method. In verbose boot,

Loads natit.kext,

Loads NVDANV30HAL, then NVDANV40HAL,

probes, identifies the card correctly: GeForce Go 6600

Then

NVDA:: start (VGA) <1>

NVDA:: start (VGA) <1> failed

moves on to the ethernet card, then hangs.

What does this mean?