Gotta love ebay sometimes...

9 posts in this topic

Friend of mine put a heavily used AMD X2 4800+ and a old Gigabyte mobo up for sale on ebay. Sold for $202 bucks. Funny thing is you can buy the chip brand new for $60 and the mobo for $75-80. :hysterical:

Clicky

Post some of you best ebay stories. Here's my latest:

Scoring a GeForce 7900 GTX for $76 bucks because everybody else seems to be interested in bidding 8600 GTs up like $20 bucks over retail.

iBook G3 Dual USB Model

600 Mhz and 640 MB of Ram

I bought it for 150 + 50 (no shipping charges for either) USD for the Ram upgrade.

And I sold that bad boy for 310 USD plus shipping about 6 months ago

I got that beat. Bought a first gen intel mini duo off craigslist. Fellow had opened it and attempted to upgrade the hard drive. Wouldn't boot after he put it back together. Sold it to me as is with original hard drive for parts for $200. Popped it open, RAM wasn't seated. Booted right up. Played with it for a few months and sold it on ebay for $425.

Shame on you!, Shame on you, Shame on you!(dodo's, Ice-Age)

You should at least send the guy a box of sweets or chocolates!

I had someone report me for charging $5.00 instead of $2.14 for postage! when I told him the page refers to: "Packaging and Postage" and offered to refund him the full postage amount.....

He refused the offer but felt it was his "DUTY" to inform the whole world that I was a liar and a cheat!

The fact that it would have taken me 4 hours with a wheelchair down to the Postal Service to send it did not warrant asking a few dollars more!!?

SticMAN

I got that beat. Bought a first gen intel mini duo off craigslist. Fellow had opened it and attempted to upgrade the hard drive. Wouldn't boot after he put it back together. Sold it to me as is with original hard drive for parts for $200. Popped it open, RAM wasn't seated. Booted right up. Played with it for a few months and sold it on ebay for $425.

Guy got a brand new Athlon 64 3000+ in a no reserve from me for $18 bucks. I even shipped it too him for free. He totally flipped out and opened a complaint with ebay because it wouldn't fit in his Socket A board. Said I didn't list the socket type in the description. :wacko:

When I worked at CompUSA in 2002, they had a "deal" where they'd buy any computer for $150 as long as it booted (if you bought a new computer). One guy came in to buy a new Mac, and was going to sell his iMac DV SE for $150. I told him I'd personally buy it for $300, so he sold it to me instead. I then turned around and sold it on eBay for $580. The guy got $150 more than he thought he'd get, and I got $180 profit on it. Everyone wins! (except CompUSA).