Tosh L45-S4687 with ACPI issues, can this run Leo/Tiger?

Anarchy

2 posts in this topic

Hi, this is my first attempt at OSx86. i downloaded kalyway 10.5.2 sse2/3, and booted, with no luck.

it shows a different message with:

kernel: speedstepkernel -v -x platform=X86PC

but, it is still along the same lines - the backtrace mentions ACPI. my Toshiba L45-S4687 (sse2, dual core pentium, intel 945 chipset, ICH7 family?) has buggy firmware and there's nothing that i can do about it afaik, but ive read that i cant disable acpi. im not sure if the hardware is compatible, and im not familiar with os x, just linux!

this is a screen of the output on my dusty panel :glare:

img0044cq8.th.jpg

the hardware:

non-core dual core intel 1.73 ghz

1 gb ram

945gm intel graphics

atheros AR5007EG wifi

• 1 year later...
Hi, this is my first attempt at OSx86. i downloaded kalyway 10.5.2 sse2/3, and booted, with no luck.

it shows a different message with:

kernel: speedstepkernel -v -x platform=X86PC

but, it is still along the same lines - the backtrace mentions ACPI. my Toshiba L45-S4687 (sse2, dual core pentium, intel 945 chipset, ICH7 family?) has buggy firmware and there's nothing that i can do about it afaik, but ive read that i cant disable acpi. im not sure if the hardware is compatible, and im not familiar with os x, just linux!

this is a screen of the output on my dusty panel ;)

img0044cq8.th.jpg

the hardware:

non-core dual core intel 1.73 ghz

1 gb ram

945gm intel graphics

atheros AR5007EG wifi

i have same notbook i got ideneb 10.5.5 to work but wirless doent work .so i trying 10.5.6 which has ar5007 driver but no luck