Disabling SMC: backlight / fan control

Dmitri

2 posts in this topic

hi,

is there a way to disable InputRemapper SMC access (keyboard/screen backlight, fan control) ? I'm ok with current bootcamp SMC implementation, however would still like to use InputRemapper to remap my keyboard layout without the tool interfering with the BootCamp's SMC handling.

If there's no way to do so in the current version, can you consider allowing this in the future releases?

Any help appreciated. And Thanks, its a great tool!

Dmitri

P.S. some more feedback: I've made fresh installation of 1.0.4 on Vista x64. It works, however didn't present me any way to create a default config for my mac (all input mapping tables in the configuration are empty.) It only worked after I copied .cfg from my old installation.

P.S. currently when I have InputRemapper running - it maps the keyboard well, except the FN+F1-10 keys controlled by Bootcamp 2.1 tray icon running at the same time, which is fine with me- since I still end up with the keyboard layout I want. However InputRemapper keeps messing with SMC - resetting the screen brightness, even if I disable all options 'Control Screen/Keyboard backlight', sometimes even causing hangups of the system. It would be great if I could make it stop accessing SMC completely and just remap the keyboard.