HD Audio Output problems

CrArC

2 posts in this topic

The onboard sound on my Gateway MX8716b laptop is detected by OS X 10.5.2 and I am even able to change the volume, however I get no sound out from the speakers or headphone socket.

I can't give a more accurate description of the sound chip; vista also identifies it as HD Audio and installs microsoft drivers. The laptop is 945GM based.

It could be a problem with some kexts overriding ones that would actually work, but I don't know which ones to remove. Any suggestions? ;)

• 3 months later...
The onboard sound on my Gateway MX8716b laptop is detected by OS X 10.5.2 and I am even able to change the volume, however I get no sound out from the speakers or headphone socket.

I can't give a more accurate description of the sound chip; vista also identifies it as HD Audio and installs microsoft drivers. The laptop is 945GM based.

It could be a problem with some kexts overriding ones that would actually work, but I don't know which ones to remove. Any suggestions? :)

I am having exactly the same problem, i can even hear the sound cut out when i reduce the volume to zero using the softkeys!

Surely there must be a solution to this?! Anyone?