Anyone got the Dell Wireless 1370 working in 10.4.3?

NS91

11 posts in this topic

You should start by figuring out what wireless chipset it uses. I don't know if there is a windows utility to do this... I just usually search google for the model number (including any revisions listed on the card itself) Sometimes manufacturers change chipsets in new revisions. :dev:

^ According to modem-help.com, it uses a Broadcom chipset.

what is the hardware id of this card? you can find out through windows device manager (right click My Computer, Properties, Hardware tab, Device Manager)

You should find something like this under the Details tab when you right click --> Properties on your wireless card

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4324&SUBSYS_00021028

The bold numbers are the relevant ones, report back with your findings, or use this thread to get it working.

It works. You need to modify a kext (and then reload a couple of others I think [the airport one, and ionfamily?]). I really don't remember exactly what I did, but it involves modifying a broadcom kext inside the io8021 kext. You add the information for your particular card (I >think< I have the same card as you, and I think the number I added was 4318 (there are 4 numbers on my list right now, they are 4311, 4312, 4318, and 4324. Try adding the one that I have listed, but you don't, and see if that does it for you). I got the info from the same thread nsmith40 pointed out: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=8522

Hope that helps