Samsung R700 Laptop

MrJack

11 posts in this topic

I've tried a few times in the past on various custom desktop builds, and had no luck.

So i've decided to buy a laptop because i could do with a new one anyway.

I found a topic on this forum before about this laptop, but i can't find it anymore, i've also had a quick search around google, also with no luck.

Has anyone got it working on the Samsung R700? Or is anyone better at searching than me and can find a page that claims it has?

Thanks in advance

I've tried a few times in the past on various custom desktop builds, and had no luck.

So i've decided to buy a laptop because i could do with a new one anyway.

I found a topic on this forum before about this laptop, but i can't find it anymore, i've also had a quick search around google, also with no luck.

Has anyone got it working on the Samsung R700? Or is anyone better at searching than me and can find a page that claims it has?

Thanks in advance

Try the followings with Google search engine:
R700 site:www.insanelymac.com
Samsung laptop site:www.insanelymac.com

17 inch notebook, ;) WOW.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

hi

i installed ideneb v1.3 on my samsung r700 t9300 dillen.

the internal display was black but with an external display it is ok.

wlan does not working and the brightness keys.

for lan you have to change some values in the yukon.kext. (i don´t know the right name of the yukon.kext)

ciao

• 2 months later...

The problem is the notebok bios after 04SR version.

My Samsung R700 worked very well before I have flashed the bios with Samsung Update :D

The bios version was the 04SR and Nvidia 8600M GS worked at full speed with QE and max resolution.

I have contacted the technical support, but no way to return to 04SR bios version.

I searched over internet for old bios, but it isn't.

I hope to find a Samsung R700 with 04SR bios, so I clone it.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Got same problem with this laptop 8600m gt version, 10sr bios. 10.6 runs lovely, I think the wireless card, cheap and easy to replace, is the only thing that won't run right. Except the display only works on external monitor once gfx is detected :(

So if anyone has solution to this (NVCAP? old BIOS?) please post it here.

At the moment best bet seems to be the bios from here: http://pcbox.blogdns.com/?page_id=641

I've emailed mr PC box in Shonky Italian, Hyber that you?.

• 3 years later...

Did anyone ever manage to find the mythical 04SR R700 BIOS? I've just spent half a day looking and all I've found is 10SR (which I was already running) and a modified 10SR which is what I'm now running although OSX still doesn't like my r700 internal display.

Hyber:

Apparently you found the 06SR Windows exe? Do you still have that or did you ever find 04SR?

Thanks!

Hi guys!

Just wanted to let you know that I've now got Snow Leopard purring nicely on my R700 (with 10SR BIOS) -the internal screen works fine under iATKOS S3 v2 although I've not got QE, wifi or the NIC working yet.

I've started a fresh thread to document and discuss OSX86 on the R700 in the correct forum here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293444-iatkos-s3-106-on-samsung-r700-success/