• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
mr.mcgoo

New Java Update

14 posts in this topic

it does not change the default version of java from 1.5 to 1.6. anybody knows how to switch the default version to 1.6?

greg

/Applications/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences

Sort of useless for day to day web surfing since Safari is 32bit and this java plugin is 64bit.

(This is more for developers at this time.)

thanks. but I meant, the systemwide java settings , so that when you type java -version at command prompt, it would give you java 6...

i do a lot of java development, would be great if you could switch the default version of JDK on the fly..

greg

Why wouldn't it? Not like it replaced any system files. Whenever an update comes out I always get this image in my head of bunches of clueless noobs, beads of sweat on their foreheads, hands trembling as they click the update button. Then when that particular update doesn't frag their machine they rush in here to post "IT WORKS!!!!!" in some silly friggin' me too thread. If you want to know what's in the freakin' update open it up and check it before you install it. Pretty much every distro comes with a copy of Pacifist for a reason.

It looks to me a little strange, a tool for developers on upgrades to users of OS X.

MacOff

Java 6 not working for my AMD Turion X64 CPU!

It says, just Intel 64bit is valid! Anyone knows how to avoid this problem?

Really!

Thats stupid.. I thought it would be running in 64bit mode! This is my first AMD and i just have troubles with it (in windows too :D).

So until Apple will release java 6 for 32bit machines, i will not be able to run it on an AMD hackintosh ? :)

You can check Chess if Mac OS is running in 64 bit mode you will have an option to run Chess in 32 bit, check these pics:

Picture_1.png Picture_2.png

Left is on an AMD Right on an Intel.