Leo4vill v3 Instalation

XedLos

9 posts in this topic

I have a evga 780i motherboard, Intel Q6600, EVGA 8800 GT

Well i downloaded the Leo4all v3 installation disk. I tried to install it on my pc and after many trys i finally got to the instalation window of leopard. So i chose my language formated my disk the right way clicked customize and deselected the traslation languages and selected drivers. So then i clicked install and it began to install. I was at the screen where it says installing and the blue bar at the bottom was slowly getting bigger. But then it froze the bar no longer moved and i couldnt move my mouse. On my DVD drive it looked like the DVD was no longer being accesd becasue the green light was not flashing. I have tried it many times and it keeps on freezing at the installation screen although not at the same place. I got up to 15 mins left on the installation and it froze.

Any ideas what i am doing wrong or how to get it working?

any help would be appreciated thanks

As Eddie11c told me since i have the nForce i750 SLI chipset i had to do this.

Boot dvd press F8 for boot options and use Maxmem=2048

I dont know if you have 4 GB of installed memory on your mother board, but on mine i do and had the same issue as you, but that solved my problem.

Boot DVD

Press F8 at the screen

Where the Boot: is use the Maxmem=2048

and then hit enter and contiune with the install like normal. Im sure anything over 2 gigs the install hangs. All though im not sure. I was told it has to do with the nforce boards.

Right thats just the boot loader screen. When you press F8 it will give you something like this

(HD31,1) LEO4ALLV3

Which will be highlighted and then you will see some text below. After the text you will see. With the cursor next to it.

BOOT:_ <-- thats where you type Maxmem=2048 then press the enter key

:)