Cant connect! RALINK and Nforce Ethernet

binj112

6 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Im a big n00b! lol

I cant seem to connect to my network? I own a motherboard with onboard nvidia ethernet, and I also have an RALINK 2500 PCI wireless card. Neither can seem to connect? They both keep saying they have a self assignable IP address, which is obviously not what I want. I installed the RALINK wireless utility and I can see my network on there, it connect on the wireless utility but not on the network preferances.

Whats going wrong?

Thanks a lot

RaLink RT2500 PCI cards currently don't work on Leopard. The problem is maybe not the RaLink driver, but rather their Wireless Utility. Nobody knows for sure. See the X-Labs/X-Scripts forum for details. Look for the RT2500 USB thread. USB = OK, PCI = No Good.

RaLink RT2500 PCI cards currently don't work on Leopard. The problem is maybe not the RaLink driver, but rather their Wireless Utility. Nobody knows for sure. See the X-Labs/X-Scripts forum for details. Look for the RT2500 USB thread. USB = OK, PCI = No Good.

Ok then. but what about the ethernet problem?

• 1 year later...

Umm thats no true, mine works fine actually!!!!

you just need the older drivers which only a very few people have aka me!! ^_^

• 3 months later...
Umm thats no true, mine works fine actually!!!!

you just need the older drivers which only a very few people have aka me!! :D

Have you mangaed to get a PCI wireless adapter working on snow leopard? I have a belkin wireless g F5D7000 v3000 card and it does not even activate the card, let alone recognise its existance.

• 1 month later...