Source code from China

BigPimpin

33 posts in this topic

This is an oddball request, I know :blink: Any programmers out there who can read Chinese? I found a site in China that, after searching for days with Google, is the only known source of a source code archive I simply must have. The site is http://www.programsalon.com and apparently it's a place where people share source code. I managed to sign up and create an account but there is some restriction on downloading. It looks like you have to upload first, but I don't read Chinese at all and using Google translator one line at a time is giving me a headache.

If anyone reads Chinese could they please take a look at the site and give me an English summary on what I have to do so I can download? I'm not asking that anyone become a member there, I just want to know what the procedure is to get one of their files. I have some things I can upload if that's what it takes.

The file I need is related to wireless networking on Linux and it does pertain to an unannounced and still unavailable device driver for Leopard that I'm working on. Many thanks if anyone can help!

Hi,BigPimpin

After register you have to choose to be VIP member or uploader before you can download any source codes,the code you have to upload are more than 5 GOOD C or Java source codes, after censured by the site moderator (you have to wait for ≈

2 hours before you can downlaod any codes)

under these Conditions the code uploaded will be deleted or your account will be deleted:

1 code too simple

2 NOT source code

3 NO files contained

4 chosen the wrong type of the codes or wrong development environments

5 The instructions of the codes are too short ,simple (The instructions of the code must have at least 20 Chinese characters)

6 The Archive(RAR or ZIP) is password protected

7 The scource code is duplicated or it's already existed.

PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD CODES HAVE COPYRIGHTS PROBLEMS,VIRUS OR TROJANS!!

Please do NOT upload files to the directory of "debugg" or "release",The system will delete them automatically!!

I am sure it's one of the most strictly ruled sites I have ever seen,but the internet environments is too bad,iy you want to survive you have to creat some strange rules ....!!

And if you need further help please tell me---!If you can NOT uplaod codes due to Chinese Language ,I will do it for you!! After all we Hacintoshers gets a lot from you developers.

Thanks, that works for the most part (except for some of the column headers). Some things don't translate well. On the main help page, for instance, I get this:

Why do you want to upload source can become a member

is no such requirement, then it will be impossible for you to collect more source, the source of this requirement is the quantity and quality assurance.

I can figure out the meaning, but like I said, after a few of those you start to get a headache.

well I guess I can help.the key part is this:

欢迎光临程序员联合开发网(www.pudn.com),目前源码总数391662,今日更新485个. 【下载中心】

您当前还不能下载源码,您必须上载5个C或Java的好源码站长审核后才能下载(如果已上载请等待2小时后再试,查看您的上载日志, 初学者如何在线阅读源码)。也可以【立刻开通VIP会员】。您是愿意继续在门外观望,还是愿意进来享受这里的一切?请【上载源码】,站长审核后会开通您的帐号。Pudn大家庭欢迎您的加入!有疑问【请留言】。

it means that u have to upload 5 'good' source code in C or Java,and,after they r checked,u can start ur downloading.

or register as a VIP,seems impossible...

xiao999xiao, thank you so much! I really appreciate it. Registering as a VIP seems insanely expensive. I guess I'll have to dig out some old backup archives and see what I can upload.

I sent an email to the person who uploaded it. I tried to be polite as possible, but who knows how well Google does translations? I tried this:

如果您仍然有档案

v12.rar 无线网卡 802.11b/g 54M pci 接

你会得到一种足以将它传送给我通过电子邮件?

Does that make sense, or have I insulted him and his family? :(

well,u can say like this

您好(hello)

请问您是否还留有v12.rar 无线网卡 802.11b/g 54M pci文件的存档?(do you still keep a copy of****)

我现在非常需要它(I'm in great need of it),如果您有的话,能否通过电子邮件传给我一份?(if u do,would u like to mail***)

mostly like that.In fact I'm a Chinese.You are welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing. I never got a response. On the programsalon site I submitted the source code for a few projects of mine. Original code. I never saw the upload counter go up. Maybe I was selecting the wrong categories for the upload, but I'm not going to continue submitting things if it's not giving me credit for them. Everything has to be approved and perhaps my comments and descriptions, being in English, were not understood by the "station master" :P (as Google translates it). FWIW the site is all Chinese but the source code they have is all in English, so it's very strange.

• 1 month later...
I just thought I would post something useless.

I don't think this will help if you really want what you need. Don't you think others are so easily be fooled?

OP has to be patient or learn to read Chinese.

The poster of the source code seems has an email address @163.com. This kind of address may be blocked by ISPs outside China based on my experiences.

Thank you dong, I have several email accounts with different ISPs and providers, so I will try sending my request again from all of them. Maybe there is one that doesn't block replies from 163.com.

I uploaded 6 different programs to programsalon and didn't get any credit for them. I'm not going to upload any more, but I will find a way eventually.

I don't think I will ever have the time to learn Chinese :)

Yes, that's it. Nice sleuthing! I already got the visible ones that way :) which was a pain in the neck. There's more than meets the eye there. The C files "#include" headers that aren't in that list. The one that defines the chip register memory space is one of them :) . The whole download seems to be about 500K but the files they show, including the docs, don't even come close to that.

It's like a treasure trove, especially for someone who reverse engineered about half the binary driver and gave up after several months of trying ;) . The hardware is already obsolete, but if I could get that download then I wouldn't feel like I wasted all that time and my routers would be finally running with my firmware instead of the broken {censored} that came with them.

If you know the name and possible path of the missing files, it might be that pudn screws up and just doesn't display them. But I'm just guessing here...

Put the following into a browser titlebar

http://read.pudn.com/downloads46/sourcecode/windows/network/155190/v1.42/common/params.c__.htm

and change the "common/params.c__.htm" to be "direcotoryName/foo.h__.htm" to see if you can d/l "directoryName/foo.h"

Good Luck!

Thanks for trying to help, turly, I appreciate it. But it doesn't work. The actual missing files are these:

#include "shared/eeprom.h"
#include "shared/wlandef.h"
#include "shared/hwqueue.h"
#include "shared/sharedpr.h"

I tried just about every combination and permutation of url I could think of to see if they're there but didn't get squat. Maybe their web software only extracts the first N files from the archive for preview, I don't know. There has got to be a direct download URL for the entire archive somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it.

Still no response from any of the emails I sent out. I don't want to pay $200 USD to become a VIP member, but I will paypal $10 to anyone who can download the archive and send it to me. Must include docs :D

Yeah, to be honest I hadn't held out much hope, but you never know. It could also be that the files are not in the archive :-(

Just doing a google search for your missing filenames gives results only for http://www.ethernut.de/api/wlandef_8h-source.html (in fact ethernut.de might be helpful?)

If you do a search on baidu for 'pudn.com' you'll see lots of people - mostly students? - offering "points" if pudn members will download a particular file for them - generally the pudn members reply with the full pudn.com download URL (nearly always on 67.137.90.75). What these points are I have no idea. With google translator set to 'stun' :-) you can decipher most things. (Oddly enough, one word that appeared fairly often is "ah" - as in "I would like to download <<foo>> to work on ah.")

Maybe you'll find someone to speak English or to try the text that xiao99xiao prepared for you above?

Or maybe the file has already been mentioned if you're REALLY lucky... though my quick search says not :-(

That was a good pointer there, turly. Baidu gives you 25 points just for signing up and I see many requests fulfilled for only 10 or 20 points. This may work out pretty good.

I did a couple of hours worth of research there, carefully composed a polite message asking for help, and promptly posted it to the wrong forum. :) I hate being illiterate. Now it's just a matter of waiting.

Oh happy day! :P:):D:D:D (x100)

I was starting to lose hope. It took 3 tries and 150 points but I finally got the archive! FWIW there are 16 files in the 'shared' directory and they are essential.

Thank you, turly, for turning me on to baidu. If you had your google translate on stun then I had mine on photon torpedo mode! I wrote a greasemonkey script for Firefox that changed all the baidu links to go directly through google translate. It was worth it. And in the end, I was able to help out a few folks in China along the way with some of their computer questions (how do you think I got all the points to spend?). A big Thank You also goes out to the person who actually sent me the archive, although he's not on this forum.

Thank you to everyone who responded in the thread. I will attempt a port of the driver to OSX after I get it working on Linux. It may be several months before I get around to it, and when I do I will post about it in the Hardware and Drivers forum. Thank you all! 非常感谢!

• 1 month later...
Guest BuildSmart

I do have some experience with OSX and wireless drivers, if you post the archive I can take a look and possibly help you figure it out.