Fixing the translucent bar and other questions.

marcx987

7 posts in this topic

If somebody could tell me where the menu bar file is kept and what is name is. I had a translucent bar when I installed leopard 10.5.1 and it was there till I tried to get find a fix for the X3100 so you don't have to do the sleep trick at boot up

(almost got it to work had it boot up once with everything on qe/ci on and it not turn the internal display off.) but after messing around with it a few more times my menu bar went back to the greyish tint. and qe/ci disabled themselves. I tried restoring the kexts from a time machine backup i made after the first bootup and got qe/ci up and running along with transparent menus/ripple affect/time machine/etc. but the menu bar is still the same.

Is there a specific file in mac os x that has the tranclucent menu turned on so i can backup that file.

Also can somebody direct me to the thread about fixing sleep/shutdown for leopard 10.5.1 for those not using the stock kernel or acipplatform.kext(can't use them cause the mess up battery meter and speedstep)

And for those that like to play Warcraft 3 and other warcraft games there is a way to play on the X3100 and get around the display gping black problems. start the game up use

apple + m to get it to windowed mode. go to the options.

change the display to you desktop and it will run perfectly after that.(X3100Frame buffer kext won't effect the resoulution so the display doesn't get turned off.)

Your right it was a stupid question(jk)

But seriously I state that i am in 10.5.1 in the posts. i would have said after I upgraded to 10.5.2 if I had did it. I wouldn't be using 10.5.1 kexts in 10.5.2.

Last time I did it killed my system and I had to reinstall.

I have both enabled and i got the bar working

what I need someone to direct me to a thread for the sleep kernel/shutdown fix for hackintosh

and will installing the sleep kernel affect my acipplatform.kext cause I need to have the battery power management for my laptop . plus I have speed step on and configured and if I have to switch to a stock acipplatform kext I will be screwed.