com.apple.Boot.plist not found !

Jash Sayani

24 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Got the iATKOS 1.0 DVD and Leo4All. When I try to boot, I get the following error message (Same problem with both of them):

System config file 'com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

I have a TOSHIBA M45-S351 Notebook

100 GB HDD, 2 GB RAM,

2 MB L2 Cache, SSE 2,

Intel 915 Motherboard

Here are the BIOS Pics (Just incase some settings need to be changed).

2427061841_a0c6dcf4ea.jpg

2427875250_59e504e162.jpg

This is what you usually see with AHCI enabled on a DVD drive(even though you may have no option for it).

Any way to put off the AHCI to get this thing working !!! ... ?

Do you think Kalyway will work ?

Already through with iATKOS & Leo4All !

Ok. Progress here.....

Now, I can boot into darwin and there is a Kernal Panic that Shows !

Debugger called: (panic)

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: init

Mac OS Version:

Not yet set

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernal Version 9.1.0: Sat Nov 11....; Made by ToH: xnu-1228.0.2~1/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

Same prob with iATKOS and Kalyway !

i used to get this error even as i typed, but there is a trick i came up with, after a successful boot into leopard after eight months trying, i went to that file com.apple.Boot.plist change some shiit in there i.e time to display op choice which took effect immediately - i came to the conclusion that it doesn't matter that file can indeed be found.

the trick i used is to go to the bios a bit i.e press esc button or whatever to get OS choice then pick your leopard partition, it couldn't be that simple guys. any other help ask away

i used to get this error even as i typed, but there is a trick i came up with, after a successful boot into leopard after eight months trying, i went to that file com.apple.Boot.plist change some shiit in there i.e time to display op choice which took effect immediately - i came to the conclusion that it doesn't matter that file can indeed be found.

the trick i used is to go to the bios a bit i.e press esc button or whatever to get OS choice then pick your leopard partition, it couldn't be that simple guys. any other help ask away

I'm dumb... i'm sorry but i don't understand what u've done

I'm dumb... i'm sorry but i don't understand what u've done

Yep. Me too. Well I understood that you edited the Boot.plist.

But, How ?

When I boot through the DVD, I get that error, then how can I edit that file?

Could you explain a little more in detail ?

Thanks! :lol:

guys what didn't you understood in my statement = it is very simple although the problem you getting can be frustrating, do exactly is i say, although the problem will still be there but you can go around it.

press esc button - as if you are going to the rom (bios)

choose your notebook/deskstop harddrive

choose your partition and optional use -x safeboot at promt

it couldn't get any simple than this, am afraid so

guys what didn't you understood in my statement = it is very simple although the problem you getting can be frustrating, do exactly is i say, although the problem will still be there but you can go around it.

press esc button - as if you are going to the rom (bios)

choose your notebook/deskstop harddrive

choose your partition and optional use -x safeboot at promt

it couldn't get any simple than this, am afraid so

Thanks! Got it !

Will post back the results soon... :D

I tried that, doesn't work. For me I pressed F12 Boot Menu pops up (You can choose any drive) I choose my leopard drive, and it gives me that error later on, I don't have an option to choose OS though, just diff hd's.

Can someone explain what are "kexts" and how do you edit them ?

Because I am using an Intel 915 and due to incompatibility, I have to edit some kext files.

How do I locate them ? What editor to use ?

I am using a DVD-R, How can I save the kext after editing ?

Some help with these could solve many problems of mine...

Thanks!

kexts are what drivers is to M$ windows, softwares or instruction to run you some hardware and stuff on hackintosh.

why do you want to edit them.

Because I had read somewhere that Leopard wont run my my Laptop as it is an Intel 915 chipset and I need to add some kexts in order to make it run...

Anyways, finally I have come to one solution to this problem. It can be a problem with IDE/SATA DVD Drive. So can you please help me with Installation with a USB Drive ? I think it will make Leopard work!

How do I make my 4 Gig USB Drive into a Leopard installastion disk ? Putting the image ?

Thanks!

I have gotten the same problem. I understand what ricki says, but i don't understand the timing. When I boot up i see the toshiba screen, then it boots from a CD (first to boot from). The screen shows the countdown and Darwin,etc... When do I press ESC ? I have tried Kaylway and iAktos v.1 to no avail (and 6 DVDs later....) any help would be great.

I have installed 10.4 before, but I am trying to upgrade to 10.5 and I am running a Toshiba Tecra M7