Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mUsicXbEAt

Still waiting for root device...

7 posts in this topic

Good day. This is my second time installing Leopard (Leo4Allv2). It worked the first time but now I wish to triple boot. Both XP and Ubuntu work great, but when I try to install Leo4All it says "Still waiting for root device" AFTER I install. I enabled my chipset driver and my NVidia card driver...and am using the Vanilla kernel. (It's worked before...) I don't know what's wrong....do I need to add specific args? Please help...I don't think I should be having this problem....Leoaprd's worked before!

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Advertisement

I'm thinking about going into Windows and setting the Mac partition as active....maybe that could fix it? But I have heard horror stories about Windows and it's Disk Management o.o

i have just installed leo4all..for my amd 6000 X2

same message i left it for along time but nothing..this is the first time installing :D

so any idea ??

Well I know there is a setting in the BIOS for SATA operation and if you change it to like ATA / RAID Autodetect then Mac usually picks it up. But I don't know....

Set your BIOS to have a primary connection with the data bus your HDD is on.

Try setting your Sata controller to AHCI, and reboot. If it boots then you need to try different kexts for your ATA controller.

If you have a SB600 chipset you'll need the "SB600ATA Kexts". They can be found by searching the forum. I also changed the IDE cable I was using which stopped some intermittencies.

Good Luck