KALYWAY 10.5.2 Install Problems

.Ryan

3 posts in this topic

Alright so I downloaded Kalyway 10.5.2 off TPB, took me two days and I got it. I burned the ISO to a DVD-R and booted from it. Works fine, do the whole erase partition and set in Journaled Mode, works fine no problems. Go to the actual installer and get these options:

dsc02898fc5.jpg

I don't see where I can use the GUID or MBR mode? I searched the drop downs and could not find it. Also is it safe to install Time Machine ect?

After my torrent was finished it downloaded to a folder and I found this:

KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3 (zip file)

Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd (folder)

--ADD_KEXT_TO_DVD

--Kalyway DVD ReadMe

--Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd (iso)

I burned the ISO file to a disk and booted from it as said above. So my question is what can I do to get my installation working or can .2 even install from scratch or do I need to go back and download .1? :( Its saying that there is nothing to install and the installation failed?

I am running off a Windows Vista, and 24 gig partition for OSX, 3 gigs of RAM, Intel Core 2 CPU @ 1.86 GHz, and its a Dell XPS 410. Anything else you want to know ask me.

Edit: not using vanilla kernel

Exact error message:

The installer could not install the software because there was no software found to install.

Anybody know how to fix this, please help? I've tried with Vanilla Kernel, no dice and tweaked other options. Somehow it wiped out my existing OS so I had to re-install.

• 1 month later...