Asus WL-138G Wireless Adapter Help

Davie

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of an issue with my Hackintosh. I installed OSX86 (Kalyway 10.5.1) on my PC and everything is working great apart from my wireless adapter. It is the Asus WL-138G which is recognised as an Airport in OSX, although the wireless speed is ridiculously slow. It takes about 5 minutes to load a simple web page. I tried installing the Kalyway Combo Update to 10.5.2 although no improvement.

Would it be worth my while trying the full 10.5.2 Kalyway ISO?

Has anyone else had any experience with this wireless card?

Any help would be much appreciated.

David

I'm having the same problem. Here the speed is about 500kb/s. Not very fast, but the browse the internet its fine.

Problem is the antenna. With the original antenna, i couldn't connect to my wireless network. I'm currently using the antenna of another (more expensive, better quality) card. The speed is ok. I'm on Mac OS X now, and insanelymac.com is quite fast!

• 9 months later...

the antenna is not the real problem, i tried it too and I felt a difference but not enough, my bandwich pass from 4ko/s to 10Ko/s and my hackintosh is about 2 meters from my router....

at the begin a thought it was an issue with the appleacpiplatform.kext or smbios, maybe a problem with the pci port or something else, but my knowlegde is too low to find the responce, so i tried just during the installation to check only iofamily and broadcom driver in the network section, and guess what, IT WORKS, for many hours, i could download all my utlities at 300ko/s and more, but only for hours..

I go out for lunch, after that I tried the speed just to make sure it was not a dream, and it all fall down and never speedup anymore..... now I feel completly desperate...

SOME BODY HELP ME, HELP US!!!

I'm on Kalyway 10.5.2, the only one which bring me the sleep fonctionnality on my ep45-ds3l, but only which not dectecting the asus wl-138g v2 during the osx install to bring the wlan feature in it (instead of leo4all v3, or zephyroth "amd only")... if it could help...

(ps: sorry my poor english)