Search the Community: Showing results for tags 'aptiomemoryfix'.
Found 2 results
I have been running macOS Mojave on my system for 3 months and everything was working pretty well. After taking an update for clover, my entire system got wrecked, and I cannot even boot to an installation environment anymore (which I really need to do since I am starting back at square one). I still have the old EFI folder backed up, but I know it'll only be a matter of time before Apple introduces an update that requires me to update Clover in order to work correctly. I have tried all the available memory fixes, but none of them seem to work. I was previously using the original osxaptiofix; so, I gave v2, and v3 try, but to no success. I read somewhere on the main discussion board for clover that AptioMemoryFix was no longer going to be support and I therefor decided to skip over it (not to mention it isn't even available in newer clover installation packages). System specs: Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z390 M GAMING CPU Intel core i5 9600k @ stock 3.7GHz RAM 32GB DDR4 2667MHz GPU AMD Radeon RX 580 with 8GB of GDDR5 SSD Intel 660p 512GB NVME NIC: Intel i210 10/100/1000 as it is natively supported in macOS I have been using the iMac 19,1 SMBIOs as I built this machine to match it as close as humanly possible. As for my UEFI settings, I did the usual: Disabled Windows specific features and secure boot Enabled XHCI hand off Enabled Above 4G decoding Disabled onboard NIC since it is made irrelevant by my intel i210 --INJECT KEXTS-- FakeSMC Lilu WhateverGreen AppleALC USBInjectAll -- WITH PATCHED SSDT in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched Below are images of the errors I am receiving when trying to boot the macOS Mojave installer. with original osxaptiomemoryfix osxaptiofixv2 osxaptiofixv3 Anyway, if somebody can help me figure out what's going on, that'd be greatly appreciated. My ultimate goal is to get an install with minimal clover patches as to be better prepared when the winds of change from Apple come roaring. p.s: I have also attached a copy of my EFI folder EFI.zip
MB: Asus X99 A-II RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3200C16D-32GVK (3200MHz, 4x 16GB DIMMs, so Total 64GB) in quad-channel configuration. CPU: i7 6800k @4.0Ghz GPUs: GTX 1080 Ti and GTX 1060 3GB (each one a monitor, because I can't get DVI to run parallel with DP on the 1080Ti, and my second monitor only has DVI/VGA) OS: High Sierra 10.13.2 (17C88) / Clover revision: 4392 Hello everybody, I occasionally have system crashes and suspect that it is related to RAM. However, this RAM is completely new, and a run with MemTest86+ from the USB stick showed no errors. However, if I use Memtest on MacOS, I get a bunch of error messages, but sometimes none (I restart the computer between tests). As I just discovered, my RAM is not on the recommended vendor list of my motherboard, nor is it on the manufacturer side of the RAM. I have read several times that the RAM may not have been tested by the manufacturer on this platform. Not a single X99 motherboard is listed for this RAM. So I also suspect that my RAM is not compatible. But if that were the case, how could it sometimes work completely error-free? During RAM tests in summer 2017 (a slightly different setup, 4x8GB but still G.Skill Ripjaws V) I had no errors at Memtest under MacOS, if I remember correctly. At that time it ran under Sierra 10.12.6. AptioMemoryFix.efi could also cause problems. I am appreciative for any help! Here is an excerpt from a faulty test. It is noticeable that it is always the same address during the test, but a different one after each test. Memtest version 4.22 (64-bit) Copyright (C) 2004 Charles Cazabon Copyright (C) 2004-2008 Tony Scaminaci (Macintosh port) Licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2 only Mac OS X 10.13.2 (17C88) running in multiuser mode Memory Page Size: 4096 System has 12 Intel core(s) with SSE Requested memory: 57232MB (60012990464 bytes) Available memory: 57232MB (60012990464 bytes) Allocated memory: 57232MB (60012990464 bytes) at local address 0x00000001033e1000 Attempting memory lock... locked successfully Partitioning memory into 2 comparison buffers... Buffer A: 28616MB (30006495232 bytes) starts at local address 0x00000001033e1000 Buffer B: 28616MB (30006495232 bytes) starts at local address 0x00000007ffc4d800 Running 1 test sequence... (CTRL-C to quit) Test sequence 1 of 1: Running tests on full 57232MB region... Stuck Address : ok Linear PRN : testing 7 of 16 FAILURE! Data mismatch at local address 0x0000000e88133d30 Expected Data: 0xc4c340079ac9a645, Actual Data: 0xc4c3400788468846 Running comparison tests using 28616MB buffers... Random Value : ok Compare XOR : ok Compare SUB : ok Compare MUL : ok Compare DIV : ok Compare OR : ok Compare AND : ok Sequential Increment: ok Solid Bits : ok Block Sequential : testing 80 of 256 FAILURE! Data mismatch at local BUFA address 0x000000078b8c7530, BUFB address 0x0000000e88133d30 BUFA Data: 0x4f4f4f4f4f4f4f4f, BUFB Data: 0x4f4f4f4f88468846 Checkerboard : testing 3 of 64 FAILURE! Data mismatch at local BUFA address 0x000000078b8c7530, BUFB address 0x0000000e88133d30 BUFA Data: 0x5555555555555555, BUFB Data: 0x5555555588468846 Bit Spread : testing 1 of 128 FAILURE! Data mismatch at local BUFA address 0x000000078b8c7530, BUFB address 0x0000000e88133d30 BUFA Data: 0x0000000000000005, BUFB Data: 0x0000000088468846 Bit Flip : testing 74 of 512 FAILURE! Data mismatch at local BUFA address 0x000000078b8c7530, BUFB address 0x0000000e88133d30 BUFA Data: 0x0000000000000200, BUFB Data: 0x0000000088468846 Walking Ones : testing 40 of 128 Clover Files attached config.plist drivers64UEFI.zip kexts.zip ACPI.zip