Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Overshee

  • Rank
    InsanelyMac Protégé
  1. What to buy...

    I'd rather have a PC than a MBA. But I meant a hakintosh.
  2. What to buy...

    Woot! It's only gonna be 1,799 after the educational discount! Just one last question, flat or glossy screen?
  3. What to buy...

    Well, if I don't make enough my parents will bail me out (I'm not in college yet :-P) I have ~1,250 right now, and if I don't make ~$800 over the summer I will have other things to worry about...
  4. What to buy...

    Well, I've decided to get an MBP. Now I need to call my boss and talk to him about my schedule this summer to see how much I can make to see what model I'll get. Right now I'm leaning towards the new $2,000 one from apple.
  5. What to buy...

    Could somebody quickly remind me of the differences between Santa Rosa and Penryn revisions?
  6. What to buy...

    Oooh. I do get a 10% education discount. The breakdown: MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB memory 160GB hard drive1 Double-layer SuperDrive $1,299.00 - $129 + RAM --- MacBook Pro from Amazon (2.2 GHz) (2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD SuperDrive) $1,686.49 --- MacBook Pro from Amazon (2.4 GHz) (2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD SuperDrive) $1,899.99 --- MacBook Pro from Apple (2.2 GHz) 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB memory 200GB hard drive1 Double-layer SuperDrive NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB $1,999.00 - $199.90 + RAM --- MacBook Pro from Apple (2.4 GHz) 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB memory 250GB hard drive1 Double-layer SuperDrive NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB $2,499.00 - $249.90 + RAM I can't decide... with the educational discount I don't think it's worth it to get the 2.2 GHz model from Amazon, because it's close enough that it doesn't matter. The 2.4 GHz model is more reasonable to get from Amazon, but I just don't know whether it's worth the extra money to get the MBP instead of the MB.
  7. What to buy...

    I am very tempted by that, but the 2.4 (which I kinda want rather than the 2.2) is 1,800, which is still MUCH less than another MBP would be. However, it's not really much better than the MB other than the video card and the screen size, and its a few hundred more expensive. Thoughts?
  8. What to buy...

    Well, I think I'm gonna go with the 2nd Tier MacBook (I want the black one, but $200??? WTF?!) Anyways, I'm definitely gonna get my own RAM. (I'm thinking this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820134373 ) If somebody could make sure it's compatible I'd be very happy. I think the pricepoint is much better and since it's not a desktop replacement I'll be fine. Also, I have enough money to get it without borrowing any. Does that RAM look good? Any last thoughts?
  9. What to buy...

    I've been wanting a new laptop forever. Right now I have an iBook G4 (1.07 ghz, 256 ram) POS and I'm ready to upgrade. The question is, what to get. I'd been looking at MacBooks for a while, not too expensive, but nice specs, but then I figured I might want to get a MacBook Pro just because it'd last longer and it's a nicer computer. I came to this conclusion a while back, and I've been waiting for a upgrade since. The recent upgrades, however, aren't 'wow'ing me that much though. I have an aging desktop (got it 2.5 years ago) and I can still play Crysis (on medium) on it so I don't <u>really</u> need it to be a desktop replacement. Now I'm not sure what to get. I want a competant computer (an eee won't cut it) of around Macbook specs (or better). I love OSX, so that's one reason to get a mac, but hackintosh's are nice too, and much cheaper. Please help me make a decision! Macbook, Macbook Pro, or a hackintosh laptop (with a recommendation for which laptop please). Thanks, ~Overshee
  10. OSx86

    So I'm trying to get this to work, but I used the method described in http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=6890&st=0 but I get a HPS+ Partition Error... What do I do? Also, it seems I can't use USB in any of these steps, will I always have to have a PS2 keyboard plugged in?
  11. Recomendation for Dual Boot XP/Macosx

    Two things. I tried this, but after I'm done I'm still getting the hps+ partition error for OSX. I either need somebody to help me do another option or to get this figured out. Also, my USB keyboard doesn't work in any of these steps, and I really don't want to have to use a PS2 one.
  12. Complete Reformat

    sorry, single boot with the newest version of OSX
  13. I need to completely reformat my iBook G4, how do I do so?
  14. OSx86

    well is there any way to use USB?
  15. OSx86

    I'm trying to install but neither of my 2 USB keyboards work, and I don't have any PS2 ones...