I'm about to post a new topic on asking on how to get ANY hackintoshes to run on my Envy 17... Luckily I searched the forum first and found this thread... Else I would've been yelled and probably cursed by others... Ehehehe
Anyway, congrats to ponty on getting the Hazard's SL to run on ur Envy... I'm actually a noob in this hackintosh thingy... But I've gone through a lot of things on getting SL to run on my Envy's (try and error)... Just want to share some of my experiences and would like to get some answers from all hackintoshes gurus
First of all, my Envy's specs are similar to what ponty has... Except that my HDD is 2TB (2 x 1TB)... Well I don't think that different would've different effect(s) rite... And I'm installing SL on external IDE HDD connected to USB2.0 port (on the left side)...
The first one I've tried installing is iATKOS S3 (v1 & v2)... It got SL 10.6.3 on it... What I did :
1) Boot-up from CD-ROM (Press F9 at start-up & choose Internal CD-ROM/DVD-ROM... You guys should know better rite... Ehehehe...)
2) Start the installer from DVD (press F8 before the times out...) with busratio=20
3) Go to Utilities -> Disk Utility
4) Format the HDD with Mac OS Extended Journaled, click Options and choose Master Boot Record
5) Close Disk Utility and proceed with the installation
6) Click customized
7) For me, I chose only Chameleon Bootloader RC5 and leave others as it is
8) Let the installer finishes installing
10) Boot-up from the new OS (in my case, I'm using external HDD... So I've to press F9 bla bla bla...)
11) Type in cpus=1 busratio=20... You can include -v to see where you get stuck...
12) If you managed to pass the Apple logo, you will see the registration page, creating user bla bla bla and lastly the desktop
My problem is when I've updated my new SL to 10.6.8 (using updated combo), I couldn't get my SL to reboot... Couldn't get the desktop... Probably I should replace all the /S/L/E with the first one I had before clicking the restart... Ehehehe...
Secondly, I've tried the Hazard's SL installation as well... 10.6.6i version... Here what I did :
1) Boot-up from CD-ROM
2) Start the installer with cpus=1 busratio=20
3) Do all the things from 3) to 6) as above
4) I chose Chameleon Bootloader RC5, Chameleon option -> Graphics Enabler, ATY_Init_4xxx_5xxx_6xxx, Evospeed & EvoEnabler. Just a minimum kexts.
5) Installation runs as usual and finishes successfully
6) Reboot with -v cpus=1 busratio=20
7) Got until mounting NTFS drives (SYSTEM, OS, DATA, RECOVERY)
8) And finally got a funny screen (that's what i would called it...)
Any ideas from others..?? Or from any gurus out there..?? Any other SL version that I should try..?? Ehehehe
BTW, I actually want to install Lion onto another partition of my external HDD... So I need an SL with at least 10.6.6 to get the Lion 10.7 installer get running