(For SurfacePro2 OSX)
This guide really needs to be updated. I am am experienced osx user and it took me three times to get the install to take. Prepping the drive is good, but the rest needs work.
First off, for those who want to dual boot windows and mac, there are additional steps you must take BEFORE you install Mac, otherwise clover WILL NOT INSTALL. You also DO NOT have to wipe your windows partition!!
Simply download a partition program in windows, I used Easeus Partition Master. Once it loads, you should see several partitions in there.
1. Delete all the partitions except for the one labeled EFI and your main windows partition. Apply the change. Now you should see an EFT partition, some unallocated space, and then your windows partition. NOTE!! At this point Clover will still not install, so don't try
2. resize the efi partition to take up all the space before your windows partition. This is one of the most important steps. Apply the change, and reboot (if you dont do this right you will have to run a windows repair from a live windows USB installer.)
3. Assuming all goes well and you are booted back into windows, go into your stock hard drive manager (Right click this pc, then click Manage, then look for disk managment,) Right click your windows partition and shrink it. Format the new space as NTFS, and follow the "to install on the surface pro 2" guide.
4. Once you are installed and you have used the terminal to copy the texts and kernel to where they need to be, reboot back into clover, keep pushing your arrow button until you get to the little options icon at the bottom. NOT CLOVER OPTIONS!! find where it says boot flags and change those to -v -f dart=0 (dart=0 is only on certain versions of the s2, so you may not need it.) Hit enter, return, and boot into your mac for the first time.
5. Once you are in, the only way that it will boot like it is supposed to is to delete all of the kexts that you copied over during the install. Delete those, then reinstall them with the kext utility. My SP2 would not run right at all until I did this!!
6. Install any extra kexts thru kext utility ONLY!!!!
7. Reboot, do the option things again, only this time use -v Dart=0, should fire right up . Mine boots up in 3 seconds flat and runs like a top!!
8. Install clover to your internal EFI partition if you would like to. This has been discussed in other areas, so I am not going into the specifics, but the important part is that if you did steps 1-3 right, you will be able to install clover and go about your business.
Hope this helps some poor soul to install OSX on their Surface Pro 2!!