firstly sorry for my english!
Days ago, i downloaded an osx86 iso (MacOSX10.4.4/5osx86PatchedBootableDVD) and tried to install on my laptop Asus A6KMQ004P with Vmware. All worked fine, except for a alert while installing that asked me to enable DMA on my CDROM. But next i was able to use my new OS.
After this successfull installation i decided to install it native. So these are the steps I followed:
- Burnt the iso on a DVD
- Using Partition Magic I built a Logical partition NTFS called MAC OSX.
- Downloaded chain0 and put in C:
- edited boot.ini adding the line C:\chain0="Mac OS x86"
- checked in msconfig the boot.ini and all was fine
- restarted the laptop and check if the dual boot worked, and all goes right, i was able to log back in windows
- restarted the laptop and change the BIOS settings for to boot from CD
- insert the DVD bootable and start
- in Darwin, I pressed F8 and -v the enter
the installation began but freeze at this line without prompting any error:
ACPI: System State ...etc.
I tried booting with -s option but it freezes at the same line apparently without any reason.
So, i searched in this forum and found that the partition must be primary, not logical!
So I reboot in windows, run partition magic and rebuilt the partition as primary without any luck..
So i found someone who said the this partition must be active....
Can anyone please says me where i'm wrong, explaining me step by step what I missed and what i have to do with the partitions and the installation?
P.S.: i'm sure the iso works fine cause it worked in vmware and a friend install it native without any problem (unfortunately I cannot call this friend now....)
Thanks in advance,
Sorry i forget to post the laptop specifications:
Turion 64 MT-34 1.80GHz/1024kB
1024MB (2x 512MB)
100GB IDE HD
NVidia GeForce Go 7300 64MB max.192MB shared memory
USB 2.0/FireWire/Modem/LAN/WLAN 802.11bg/Bluetooth
4in1 Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS Pro) &