Jump to content
Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bobburns

Members
  • Content count

    1
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About bobburns

  • Rank
    InsanelyMac Protégé
  1. Broadcom BCM4321 - Lion

    The Broadcom cards (in fact all devices) have different device ID's depending on what company (who it was branded for) it was made for. For instance MY "Broadcom 4321" has a device ID of 14E4-4328 - NOT 4321 - go figure AN . . . BUT until I added 14E4-4321 to the kext below - it would not work even though it was loading and showing a MAC address at boot First boot in verbose mode (-v) and WATCH what loads. You should see "Broadcom . . . ." something load and show a MAC address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (letters and numbers) Watch what Kext it is loading from - mine was loading from the "AppleAirPortBrcm43224.kext" It was loading at boot - and showing a MAC address as a Broadcom 4328 - but would not "turn on" or work - while it DID work in Snow Leopard I went into => /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm43224.kext\Contents/Info.plist => using whatever you can - or something like MacDrive through Windows and EditPadLite and . . . ADD your card device ID there. It looks something like this => <string>pci14e4,4321</string> You can find the Device ID with something like "Everest Ultimate Editon" or carefully searching the Windows Device manager Properties => Details. it will be the PCI ven and Dev ID at the beginning of the line LIKE PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4328. . . Yours may be different. If you paste who pieces of other kexts - you may get messages like ". . . kext is malformed" etc . . . it is always best to just modify the working kext with the device ID
×