As usually Internet knows all:
Created by poub 3 years ago
Applications : Macintosh
Launch the iLife installer and click on "customize". then select only GarageBand application (don't select garageband demo songs).
Well.. that the way it was supposed to work but the archive is broken. Sorry.
But don't worry, don't put your file on the trash because you get everything. You only need to delete 3 files and you will be ok.
Here the fix to install GarageBand:
- Mount the dmg on your desktop
- Right click on iLife06.mpkg and select "Show package contents"
- Go into installers and Copy GarageBand.mpkg on your desktop. (After the installation of GarageBand you will be able to delete it)
- open Terminal and type "cd " (with a space, don't press enter)
- drag your GarageBand.mpkg package on this windows (you're going to see the path of where the package is located on your hardrive, it must be something like ~/Desktop/GarageBand.mpkg)
- press return
- now copy and paste the following commands:
Now right click on GarageBand.mpkg, select "Show Package Contents" and go to installers.
Double click on GarageBand.pkg, It will install GarageBand
Double clik on GarageBand_MIDI_Tiger.pkg ...
Double clik on GarageBand_Loops_Tiger.pkg ...
Double clik on GarageBand_Instruments.mpkg ...
Then you should be ok.
Alternatively you can re-integrate those package into the "iLife 06 iPhoto only" or "iLife 06 iMovie only" seeds.
And do not forget about:
Posted by technilogica 2 years ago [ Complain ] [ Send PM ]
I had to delete two more files before installing the instuments:
Go into: GarageBand.mpkg/Contents/Installers/GarageBand_Instrume
and delete: GarageBand_Instruments_Tiger.pkg/Contents/Resources/InstallationCheck