Jump to content


Just Joined
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About jjrroberts

  • Rank
    InsanelyMac Protégé
  1. i had exactly this problem, fine for normal browsing but as soon as a torrent picked up speed - kernel panic. Fixed by doing 2 things; 1 - updated to the new kernel here 2 - added a maxmem parameter to my boot.plist file (may only be relevant if you have 4gb of RAM) -Go to Terminal. Enter "sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist" -Authenticate. Add the "maxmem=3072" in between the strings under Kernel Flags Reboot Give 1 or both a go
  2. jjrroberts

    Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P/DS3R/DS4 Driver Installer 10.5.2

    its not a problem, don't worry about it. Like i said, i decided to scrap the install and test a restore from backup. Didn't tinker around at all attempting to fix up the crashed install. Will play with my restored copy tonight and try some of the AHCI changes within BIOS.
  3. jjrroberts

    Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P/DS3R/DS4 Driver Installer 10.5.2

    it is a shame, as my install was starting to look great! But thats ok, gave me a reason to test backups before i needed to restore something critical.. I did have EFI installed, but i didn't write down the full error and that drive has since been formated for the attempted restore. All i remember was it referencing the CPU but nothing more specific i'm afraid. It did error immediately though, so its a kext thats loaded right near the start of the boot process. Good luck:)
  4. jjrroberts

    Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P/DS3R/DS4 Driver Installer 10.5.2

    i installed this last night on my DS3R 10.5.2 Kalyway install, but it now gives CPU panics immediately on boot. I hit -v to see the errors, but i got a fatal panic that references the CPU (from memory, at work now). I then figured that was a good time to attempt a restore from a timemachine backup, which then died with the boot.plist not found error (unrelated to your script). So i cannot repeat the error and give you more details i'm afraid.. Would of loved to have seen the uninstall.sh script could be run from single user mode before i tried a restore though oh well. Perhaps its just not working for me, but i'd suggest you get a few successes before you remove the beta tag. btw, i'm using a Q6600 with 4gb of ram and a nvidia 8400GT if that makes any difference.