I am looking at building my first vanilla hackintosh to drive a 4K display over Displayport.
Requirements for me are; speed, performance but not gaming. I do realize I included a -K CPU, but the base clock of that model is far larger than the non-K version. (4.2Ghz vs 3.6Ghz)
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K
MOBO/Case/PSU: AsRock Deskmini 110 Memory: Crucial CT16G4SFD824A NVMe (PCI): Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
Bluetooth/Wifi: to be determined
Any thoughts? Thank you!
Kexts I would certainly need:
- FakeSMC ; to let it think I run genuine apple hardware
- Fake CPUID ; to let it think I run Skylake instead of Kaby Lake
- FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext ; to let it think I run Skylake graphics
- 'Skylake Glitch Fix' (AAPL,GfxYTile) ; no clue why
- VoodooHDA ; to let sound work (I think) AppleALC: native apple audio for non-apple hardware
- IONVMeFamily.kext ; from macos, to let NVMe work at boot.