As I said earlier this year, I am retiring from maintaining the unlocker after 10 years now that this version has been released. I have 2 volunteers willing to take it on for the future and we will announce who they are when we are ready.
Before this happens I want to point out a few things about the unlocker that newer members may not know about and where to look if they have problems.
1. The unlocker does not modify any code in the executables. It only patches data tables for the virtual SMC (vmware-vmx to run VMs) and the Guest Host Tables (vmwarebase to show macOS in the OS selector).
2. Issues with guest resolution and keyboards/mice etc. will be down to VMware tools. It may need them to be downgraded to a previous version if issues are found with the latest ones. Issues like resolution also occur with unpatched VMware Fusion on Apple hardware, and so it is worth looking on the VMware forums as well for a solution.
3. Kernel panics during macOS guest startup are usually down to 3 possible causes:
Running on an AMD CPU which is not natively supported by Apple macOS and requires a modified XNU kernel.
Installation media incorrectly built from the downloaded installation app.
3rd party macOS "distros" which quite often have KEXTs and settings that are not VMware friendly
4. Installation issues for unlocker have mainly been due to certain AV products protecting the VMware folders. I know that McAfee Host Intrusion Protection can cause the installation to fail, so disable them when running install/uninstall. Also make sure VMware is not running during installation.
5. Issues where macOS guests do not work after a VMware upgrade. This will be due to the patched executables being overwritten during the upgrade process. Make sure you re-run the installer.
I will still be lurking around on the forums but not working on this topic. I need a break and some new challenges.
Thanks to all those who have helped over the years with the different incarnations of code to make macOS on VMware happen. You know who you are and I could not have done it without those who helped answer questions, donates code patches and tried out early versions.