Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


RehabMan last won the day on December 16 2017

RehabMan had the most liked content!

1 Follower

About RehabMan

  • Rank
  • Birthday 02/05/1964

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Bellingham, WA
  • Interests
    skiing, software, classic cars

Recent Profile Visitors

33,652 profile views
  1. AptioMemoryFix

    R16 is latest as of today: NUC6i7KYK:aptiofix.git rehabman$ git pull Already up to date. NUC6i7KYK:aptiofix.git rehabman$ grep REVISION Include/Protocol/AptioMemoryFixProtocol.h #define APTIOMEMORYFIX_PROTOCOL_REVISION 16
  2. Note that I commented out the class-code spoof part, and just left the built-in inject. DefinitionBlock("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "NVMe-Pcc", 0) { External(_SB.PCI0, DeviceObj) // create identities for the bridge @1b and SSD0 @0 Device(_SB.PCI0.BR1B) { Name(_ADR, 0x001b0000) // corresponds to #PCI(1B00), MSW byte reversed Device(SSD0) { Name(_ADR, 0) } // corresponds to #PCI(0000) } // now we can inject the _DSM at the newly created ACPI path Method(_SB.PCI0.BR1B.SSD0._DSM, 4) { If (!Arg2) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) } Return(Package() { //"class-code", Buffer() { 0xff, 0x08, 0x01, 0x00 }, "built-in", Buffer() { 0 }, }) } } //EOF
  3. Clover General discussion

    Why not just leave it there? It does no harm when booting a macOS/OS X that doesn't need it (eg. ML and later). Yeah... I know. The commit comment makes more sense for the other change that was part of the same commit, which does have something to do with some CPU related stuff. In this case, I had no idea what file the change might have happened in. In fact, initially I didn't understand that the Clover installer was removing a file, and then older versions were adding it back. Not until I started using diff to compare EFI/Clover from working vs. non-working did I discover the difference in the drivers64UEFI content... Given I didn't know where the change was, just that it was broken between r4369 and r4380 (those two builds were on sourceforge), I was looking at the commit log for meaningful commit comments...
  4. Clover General discussion

    And that particular change was especially hard to find due to it being buried in an unrelated commit: "Book may have desktop CPU". I *might* have used some four letter words when I found that!
  5. Clover General discussion

    Yeah, I wasted at least a few hours of my life determining why SL 10.6.8 failed to boot after installing the latest Clover. I didn't see any reason to remove this efi driver as it is needed by Lion/SL (due to kexts being 32-bit/64-bit), so I reverted the change in my Clover build (I don't like breaking things that used to work for no good reason).
  6. Clover General discussion

    StrStr is used if the Name specified does not have any '.' characters. I would bet that was done to enhance backward compatibility. Typically, we accept case sensitivity.
  7. Clover General discussion

    Bottom line: it is safer (therefore, recommended) to use the complete bundle-id for Name specifications in KextsToPatch.
  8. Clover General discussion

    Yes, definitely new behavior since then.
  9. Clover General discussion

    No. Current Clover behavior: - look for a match within *only* the bundle-id if there are no '.' characters in the specified Name (eg. it is a strstr search). The old behavior (forget the specific version of Clover for this change) was that the entire Info.plist was searched. - look for an exact bundle-id match if there are '.' characters in the specified Name (eg. it is a strcmp comparison)
  10. Graphics related problems are off-topic here. This topic is for NVMe.
  11. md5 797c351dfd535b6bc19d32d7cef2f1ed matches no known (vanilla) build of IONVMeFamily.kext.
  12. You are not using the script correctly. Make sure you are NOT specifying a patch file (I think you are specifying 10_12_6). The script will automatically find the appropriate plist file... edit: Note github update... I may have forgotten to 'git add' the right file.
  13. May not be safe, as the patches needed may change after a system update (although it is less likely now), and if you have the patches in config.plist, such patches may be partially applied, resulting in a crash, or worse (data corruption). You should really read the spoof guide that is linked from my patch-nvme README. The macOS Sierra installer will install an IONVMeFamily.kext that works only with certain non-Apple devices (usually those with 4k LBA). I wouldn't trust it. Generate your own from native IONVMeFamily with the patch_nvme.sh script. There are plists for 10.11.6 in the patch-nvme repo. My guide recommends using spoofed HackrNVMeFamily from the very beginning... even for the installer.
  14. The patch_nvme.sh script will automatically choose the correct plist based on the md5 sum of the IONVMeFamily.kext in /S/L/E.
  15. It was only just today that I added the plist for security update 2018-001. You need to update your patch-nvme github copy.