I am stuck with several aspects of my Hackintosh. I think some of the questions are real FAC questions
1. I'm trying to get the HD3000 graphics to work. I have several graphics kexts labelled H3000,
AppleIntelHDgraphics, etc, etc
- Is newer most likely better (I can see the revision in the plist file ?
- Should I remove the ones which seem not necessary like HD4000 or GMA350 next on my
HD3000 equipped system (can I just add extension .old to disable them?
- After modifying I understood the I have to clear caches, must I also reboot ?
- What is the advantage of using the /Extra directory instead of the
/System/Library/Extensions directory ?
2. What is "better" using kexts or obtaining a more complete dsdt file. It seems that the dsdt file
is just a configuration file to make mac OS use the specific hardware I have
3. I tried to boot with -v, but the printouts pass by too fast. Is there a boot switch to make pauses,
boot -v ! more ?
4. I tried to download (and pay for) Mountain Lion, but the App store just goes back saying
"come back later". What is this? Am I forced to piracy ?