Ladies and lads I would like to introduce to you a functioning ALC262 driver

bronxboyXXX

232 posts in this topic

Ladies and lads I would like to introduce to you functioning ALC262 drivers with headphone, internal speakers & Mic Input support. (AKA) A Realtek High Definition Audio driver.

Update: Choose the appropriate ALC262_XXX.txt file by matching it up to the last 3 digits of your Subsystem ID, Install it using Taruga's patcher :unsure: by dragging & dropping the ALC262_XXX.txt file onto the patcher, rebooting and checking to see if your mic, speakers and headphones are working. If they are you can stop here :angel: but if the Mic is still not working then download the appropriate 262_XXX.zip file, extract it and perform the following steps.

1st. go to /System/Library/Extensions/

2nd . Backup then delete the file called AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (if you find it) if not its okay. now do the same to the file called AppleHDA.kext.

3rd. drag and drop the contents of my zipped file into the Extensions folder.

4th. Start up terminal & type in the following commands without the numbers or "enter"

5th. sudo -s "enter"

6th. Put your password "enter"

7th. cd /System/Library/Extensions "enter"

8th. chmod -R 755 AppleHDA.kext "enter"

9th. chown -R root:wheel AppleHDA.kext "enter"

10th. chmod -R 755 ALCinject.kext "enter"

11th. chown -R root:wheel ALCinject.kext "enter"

12th. now brows to "System/Library" and delete Extensions.kextcache & Extensions.mkext. (leopard users will only need to delete Extensions.mkext.)

13th. (for leopard users only!) open disk utility and repair permissions.

14th. close terminal, reboot & enjoy.

I hope this works for you. I offer no promises of any kind so if it blows up your computer don't try to sue me (That’s what you get for running OSX on a PC).

Ps. I realize every chip is not listed such as my chip (ALC262_600). But since all the files work just fine for me I choose to use the ALC262_F00 driver because I find it to be the best sounding driver for my system.

262_200.zip

262_400.zip

262_500.zip

262_508.zip

262_580.zip

262_800.zip

262_F00.zip

262_XXX_beta_v0.1.zip

ALC262_200.txt

ALC262_400.txt

ALC262_500.txt

ALC262_508.txt

ALC262_580.txt

ALC262_800.txt

ALC262_F00.txt

ALC262_837.TXT

ALC262_100.txt

ALC262_837.zip

ALC262_100.zip

thanks for the pm about this!!! unfortunatly i tried this and lost all audio. there's a possibility i did something wrong! i'm gonna re install the one i had previously after i get home in about an hour and try this all over again!!! if it doesn't work i'll let you know! for some reason i've had better luck using dumps when updating kext's than actually installing them. i'm not trying to be a burden to anyone here in this forum but if all possible a dump would be appreciated! thanks again for all your hard work!

after several attempts at trying i'm still coming up with the same issue, i lose everything after it's applied and i reboot and as soon as i reload the ALC262_F00.txt file i get everything but the mic/line in back. something just doesn't seem right. also, i couldn't locate Extensions.kextcache anywhere to delete it!!! i don't have AppleAzaliaAudio.kext in my extensions folder either

thanks for the pm about this!!! unfortunatly i tried this and lost all audio. there's a possibility i did something wrong! i'm gonna re install the one i had previously after i get home in about an hour and try this all over again!!! if it doesn't work i'll let you know! for some reason i've had better luck using dumps when updating kext's than actually installing them. i'm not trying to be a burden to anyone here in this forum but if all possible a dump would be appreciated! thanks again for all your hard work!

Try to install Taruga's alc262testing.zip driver first then try installing just the AppleHDA.kext file from my package.

or you can also try installing his patcher, my ALC262_F00.txt file and then just install my AppleHDA.kext file.

If you are getting internal speaker and headphone support from the ALC262_F00.txt dump and the Mic Input works using Taruga's ALC262test.zip

then this should work for you. If not maybe I gave you the wrong files or something. let me know how it works out. because its really not hard at all

for me to make a working driver so long as you provide me with a file that allows your Mic to work.

see, this is the issue though, i'm not fluent with linux or using terminal, i come from a completely windows and dos based backround, so it'd very possible that i could be doing something wrong! i tried taruga's fix before and couldn't get that to work either! the txt dumps seem to work fine for me though. sorry if i sound like an rookie but when it comes to mac os or linux i am definently a rookie, but you gotta start somewhere right?

after several attempts at trying i'm still coming up with the same issue, i lose everything after it's applied and i reboot and as soon as i reload the ALC262_F00.txt file i get everything but the mic/line in back. something just doesn't seem right. also, i couldn't locate Extensions.kextcache anywhere to delete it!!! i don't have AppleAzaliaAudio.kext in my extensions folder either

Not finding the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext is normal however the Extensions.kextcache should appear in "System/Library" after every reboot.

and it must be deleted. I'm going to send you the file in my system folder now just to be sure you are getting working ones

hears a tip:

Rather than typing all that text i put up you can save time by just copying all the lines below together and pasting them into the terminal window on the line after where you enter your password & then press "enter".

cd /System/Library/Extensions

chown -R root:wheel AppleHDA.kext

chmod  -R 755 AppleHDA.kext

chown -R root:wheel ALCinject.kext

chmod  -R 755 ALCinject.kext

alc262_driver.zip

see, this is the issue though, i'm not fluent with linux or using terminal, i come from a completely windows and dos based backround, so it'd very possible that i could be doing something wrong! i tried taruga's fix before and couldn't get that to work either! the txt dumps seem to work fine for me though. sorry if i sound like an rookie but when it comes to mac os or linux i am definently a rookie, but you gotta start somewhere right?

Me too.. but don't let a Mac intimidate you, its so simple. I just started working with it a few months ago and already Im making drivers for it.

Windows is more complex where as linux is more like Mac OS but with even more options than windows. In time you will come to realize that Mac Os is almost childish in the ways it restricts you but oddly enough thats the beauty of it.

This is what you need to know

sudo -s (gives you root user permissions)

rm -r / (remove a file)

ls -l (to list directories)

cd / (change directory)

mkdir / (make a directory)

cp -R / (copy a file to another location)

learn this and you will breeze thru a Mac & linux

still having the same issue, i lose all audio and everything disappears in my sound preferences, and when i re-apply alc262_f00.txt everything but mic comes back

Me too.. but don't let a Mac intimidate you, its so simple. I just started working with it a few months ago and already Im making drivers for it.Windows is more complex where as linux is more like Mac OS but with even more options than windows. In time you will come to realize that Mac Os is almost childish in the ways it restricts you but oddly enough thats the beauty of it.This is what you need to knowsudo -s (gives you root user permissions)rm -r / (remove a file)ls -l (to list directories)cd / (change directory)mkdir / (make a directory)cp -R / (copy a file to another location)learn this and you will breeze thru a Mac & linux
i heard there were some common similarities to msdos but i never really looked into it. thanks for the info!! the pic i posted is of my library and Extensions.kextcache is nowhere to be found!

still having the same issue, i lose all audio and everything disappears in my sound preferences, and when i re-apply alc262_f00.txt everything but mic comes back

aah this could be a leopard issue. people are reporting things like this all over the place.

see if you can get Taruga's driver to work. if you can't ill have to look into that.

ill look into what people are doing too get around these issues but since I'm not running leopard at the moment i can't test it myself.

i can't get taruga's driver to work at all, as i said before, i've had bad luck trying to install kext's, and have had more success with txt dumps than anything else. if i could get a hold of one that fixes everything i'd be in great shape and would have a 80% functional hackintosh, i still haven't tested my firewire or ethernet ports yet

i can't get taruga's driver to work at all, as i said before, i've had bad luck trying to install kext's, and have had more success with txt dumps than anything else. if i could get a hold of one that fixes everything i'd be in great shape and would have a 80% functional hackintosh, i still haven't tested my firewire or ethernet ports yet

judging by the way your library is set up leopard must use different commands. After you install the kext,s try repairing permissions using

disc utilities.

hell try both ways.. first my way and then repair permissions but remove Extensions.mkext last.

ill try later to make an installer. Maybe that will help you out.

BULLSEYE!!! repaired permissions and everything shows including mic in sound preferences now!! thanks!!! i owe you one!!! if there's anything i can do for you feel free to send me a pm!!!

lol just happy to hear it worked for you. My next project is the touch pad. I got it working. 2 finger scrolling, Alps, the works but I'm tweaking it so that its perfect :) ill post it when I'm done.. take care and enjoy.

hottness, then all that's needed is to figure out the mouse tearing issue and i think were golden, i'm gonna test out my firewire port shortly and see how that works out, leopard see's it but i haven't used it yet so i'll keep you posted on that, i didn't see anything in there about my ethernet port though! i'm gonna give that a crack as well

Thanx bronxboyXXX got it working on my Vaio TX-57GN.

Now i have Mic and Headphones working on my Leopard. :)

Iatkos 10.5.1 Vanilla Kernel with updates

1366x768 GMA 950 QE and CI

PCMCIA Working

Powermanagement working with Battery Indicator (4.30 hours)

ALC262 w/bronxboyXXX patch

Intel 10/100VE working

Not working yet

Intel 3945 wifi

Card Reader

Screen Brightness

Shortcut keys

Thanx bronxboyXXX got it working on my Vaio TX-57GN.

Now i have Mic and Headphones working on my Leopard. :blink:

Iatkos 10.5.1 Vanilla Kernel with updates

1366x768 GMA 950 QE and CI

PCMCIA Working

Powermanagement working with Battery Indicator (4.30 hours)

ALC262 w/bronxboyXXX patch

Intel 10/100VE working

Not working yet

Intel 3945 wifi

Card Reader

Screen Brightness

Shortcut keys

happy to hear it workedout for you ;)

maverick_pranav thanks for your drivers i must say no sound still, with bluetooth no problem as you see mic and sound is enabled and i can hear music but on your drivers i got 2 speakers none of theem work really. i wonder why, i have try i think all possible solutions there - anyway - my vaio got 2soundcards meaby there is something different with my model since it got 2 sound cards? - names are in my signature...

got any clue why i can get so obvius thing to work?

post-177058-1201541482_thumb.png

post-177058-1201541517_thumb.png

here are my kexts for alc262....they work well on my vaio!sound out works through both speakers and headphoness!mic not working!http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...&pid=517740
I looked at your file but what i need to know are your vendor and sub vendor ids? and were you ever able to get the mic to work with any driver?
Thanks Mate but in my VGN-AR51MNo sound at all, very strange - because all looks like should work
Does any driver make your sound work?

ok, i figured out the problem!!! the alc262 kexts won't work on their own from this topic! i just reformatted and reinstalled kalyway with vanilla. i had to install the ALC262_F00.txt dump and reboot. then install the alc262 kexts from this topic, repair disk permissions and reboot. everything works beautifully again!!! give it a shot!

alc262.zip