Broadcom 570x and 575x

ohpossum

936 posts in this topic

Guest basseed

With 10.6.2 I was using the (Acero?) 5784m modified kext put directly in SLE removing the IONet.. one. It was working in 32bit setting manually the MAC.

I can't find that kext anymore, I am on 10.6.3 and I can't get the card to be recognized.

Hope someone can upload that kext again?

Thanks.

Guest basseed
I tested this driver in 10.6.2

1. 32bit - work correctly after manual set MAC address

2. 64bit - don't work...kext cann't find en device((((

Can you confirm this kext ain't working on 10.6.3, no connection even after setting manually the MAC address.

I am using 32bit mode.

I'm on 10.6.3 with older kext (prior 10.6.3) and it works in 64 bits mode with setting MAC manually.

There is no problem at all (maybe random kernel panic at start but it can be something other... like after update battery is invisible also)...

Thx for upload. With hex-editting Your modificated kext I made it works under 64bit Snow Leo with auto-MAC finding for 5784M model. :)

Thnx to nobb1x i got my 5761e card workin with full dhcp and MAC address.

dev id is 1680

i'm on a dell precision m6400

just install kext below

• 2 weeks later...
Thx for upload. With hex-editting Your modificated kext I made it works under 64bit Snow Leo with auto-MAC finding for 5784M model. :)

My Ethernet card is BCM 5787M and Device ID: 14E4-1693. Can you help me fix this Driver?

Thanks!

My Ethernet card is BCM 5787M and Device ID: 14E4-1693. Can you help me fix this Driver?

Thanks!

hi,

if your rotate your screen to the right position,you will discover these kexts allready exist and are available for download...

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you.

It doesn't work. I tried "32_64Bit_AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext.zip", when i'm booting in 64bit, i got kernel panic. In 32bit I boot normal, but I don't have any ethernet cards. With the "10.6.3_AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext.zip" I get message "mapping device memory failed". Can you tell me what am I doing bad, please?

Hello :)

I have an Acer Aspire 7730G with a Broadcom 5764M NetXtreme.

But I can't get it working:

System Profiler says:

Ethernet Cards - This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed.

if i follow the tut from you, i get (whatever i try with enX (like en0, en1 and so on)

en0: No such device exists

The card works with Win7...

Any chance? My Wlan is not working, too (Intel WiFi 5100 AGN), but i need internet...

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Rei :)

Yea the Intel WiFi 5100 AGN is under development. You can check that out at

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=164237

the MercurySquad guy is seeming to have the most progress.

As far as BCM5764; Make SURE you dont drop the provided kexts on kext helper. If you're sure its in the right place, try touching you Extenstions folder

touch /System/Library/Extentions/

Then boot with -f

• 2 weeks later...
Thx for upload. With hex-editting Your modificated kext I made it works under 64bit Snow Leo with auto-MAC finding for 5784M model. :angry:

good job !could u post Your modificated kext ?and in ur system profiler>ethernet Cards show what? unknown 5764?

Hello, i'm a newbie. :(

Could anyone here using leopard 10.5.7 please upload IONetworkingFamily.kext (original)? I need that kext so much.

I've read a lot of pages in this topic, but i can't install my broadcom 5750 (dell d610) :blink:

Thanks for reading :)

Thnx to nobb1x i got my 5761e card workin with full dhcp and MAC address.

dev id is 1680

i'm on a dell precision m6400

just install kext below

mine is 5761, id 1681, I hexedit ur kext, change "8016" to "8116", nothing happens......did I miss sth?

snow leopard kexts published lately only works with 5764M/5784M, and they don't work with any other broadcom card.

the only thing you can do is to take my kext published few threads ago (the 32/64bit version is preferable) and try with an hex editor to replace all 59 16 with YY XX , where XXYY is the pci id of your card.

i.e. 59 16 replaced with FD 16

this will replace the 5721 card inside the kext with your own.

then in the Info.plist change 1659 with XXYY.

i suggest to copy the kext on the desktop and load it manually with kextload,after fixing the permissions.

it may work or may not, i can't try because i only own a 5764, more your card is similar to the 5721,more are the chances it will work. (no IM pls on this, i will not reply)

Thank you so much. I hexedit ur kext and my broadcom 5761(id1681) works perfectly under 10.6.3 64bit

it didn't work at first, then I found there's another applebcm5701 kext in the extension folder, i deleted that, hexedit the one in the plugin folder in IONetworkfamily, and it works!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I was send here because my problem is :

Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5751M Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express [14e4:167d]

In the beginning it is mention by toward the end it change to other models

can anybody help me getting internet on 10.6.3

TY

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Anyone have BCM5754 kext for SL 10.6.3?

Here is the story:

I had the BCM5754 card and wifi work well in iaktos 10.5.7. Now I am trying to install 10.6.3 to my Dell M1730. Everything works except BCM5754, device_is [14E4 1672]. I installed my previous kext for Ethernet. But BCM5754 does not work, no MAC address, not network status after manually set IP, still show unplug network. No Ethernet device shows from terminal command line.

Also, I tried BCM5787 package from DVD. After installed successfully, change device_id I get device loaded with status Unknown. Then manually set IP get connection status, even get MAC address successfully. Can get device eth1, active,… shows at terminal screen. But end up still can not get Ethernet work.

I think BC5787 drive probably can not work on BCM5754 card.

I wonder if anybody runs into the same issues.

@nobbix

Do you have kext for BCM5754 for iaktos 10.6.3? Thanks for help!

Hi,

Anyone have BCM5754 kext for SL 10.6.3?

Here is the story:

I had the BCM5754 card and wifi work well in iaktos 10.5.7. Now I am trying to install 10.6.3 to my Dell M1730. Everything works except BCM5754, device_is [14E4 1672]. I installed my previous kext for Ethernet. But BCM5754 does not work, no MAC address, not network status after manually set IP, still show unplug network. No Ethernet device shows from terminal command line.

Also, I tried BCM5787 package from DVD. After installed successfully, change device_id I get device loaded with status Unknown. Then manually set IP get connection status, even get MAC address successfully. Can get device eth1, active,… shows at terminal screen. But end up still can not get Ethernet work.

I think BC5787 drive probably can not work on BCM5754 card.

I wonder if anybody runs into the same issues.

@nobbix

Do you have kext for BCM5754 for iaktos 10.6.3? Thanks for help!

I have a working kext file, will upload it for you as soon as i get time...how are your video cards working?

I have a working kext file, will upload it for you as soon as i get time...how are your video cards working?

Thanks a lot JaE-V!

I have been tried to install previous driver for my 8800m GTX with Nvwin1.2.5 and apply Nvidia enabler after that. It did not work as on Iaktos 10.5.8. So now I am using the default installation for my graphic and just change the default plist in boot setting to 1900x1200, then works. Sounds movie player such like VLC works fine. I do not what kind of default DVD installed to my machine.

If you also have a working driver for 8800m GTX for SL10.6.3, could you please send me one as well.

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks a lot JaE-V!

I have been tried to install previous driver for my 8800m GTX with Nvwin1.2.5 and apply Nvidia enabler after that. It did not work as on Iaktos 10.5.8. So now I am using the default installation for my graphic and just change the default plist in boot setting to 1900x1200, then works. Sounds movie player such like VLC works fine. I do not what kind of default DVD installed to my machine.

If you also have a working driver for 8800m GTX for SL10.6.3, could you please send me one as well.

Your help is much appreciated!

The installer i have only works in 10.5 unfortunately, i see now from the past few days i've been trying our m1730 machines do not like snow leopard one bit. GraphicEnabler=Y enables QE/CI but it goes nuts with frame buffers afterwards. I think we're forced to only use 10.5 with this machine unfortunately if you want video acceleration which i can't use the OS without

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...27&hl=m1730 i used the kext from the installer from that topic with 10.5

Also the latest empire efi 1085 for intel processors makes installing snow leopard extremely easy with a retail disk