InstallGM2 - a new prototype MtnLion Installer Kit module

6 posts in this topic

Worked for me, I did need to set permissions (chmod) on the 'install' dir.

I'm on a GA-EP45-UD3R with Cartri BIOS. Currently running without a DSDT, no KPs yet. Currently using a patched 10.7.4 AppleHDA.kext to enable full functionality for the Realtek ALC889a/885 high-definition audio codec. Geforce 9800 GTX fully working (QE/CI) with native resolution. Unable to locate "AppleRTCpatch.txt" so I currently have sleep disabled (CMOS was reset upon reboot after initializing sleep).

You may want to link to your previous post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=276647 ,

without it this packs instructions (or lack thereof) aren't of much use.

Otherwise nice work John Cash! Keep it up!

Well, after much work got this :

- I'm using a custom DSDT.

- To make it work with GraphicsEnabler=Yes I need to have PCIRootUID=1 into my plist otherwise black screen or errors.

- I need to do more testing on this but P States and C States seems to produce strange behaviors on boot, so for now I removed them for now. Any clue if this affects under ML the computer ?

- Using Chimera with 64bits Apple Screen {censored}s up everything, so sticking with the one provided.

- Avoiding using ###### too, I've only had problems with it.

Will keep posted on how things goes.

Mobo : GA-x58a-UD5

A.

The furnished plist already has:

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>1</string>

This should be taken care of by the DSDT but that's not always the case. I had to have in the version I published (no DSDT) because my testing it without PciRoot=1 resulted in a black screen.

Pls keep us informed of your progress.

John,

With the provided plist I was getting black screens, adding <key>PciRoot</key> in my plist and rebooting gives me this error now :

hfs_swap_BTNode : invalide node kind (-81)

hfs: node 1979 fileID=8 volume=Machintosh device=/dev/disk6s2

0 [Level 3] [ReadUID 0] [Facility com.apple.system.fs] [Errtype FS] [MountPt]

hfs: Runtime corruption detected on Machintosh, fsck will be forced on next mount

Like something is corrupting my install... edited again the plist to it's initial stage wich is PCIRootUID=1 in the kernel flags and installation is corrupted again...

Going to install this one more time and see what I can get, otherwise I will have to try the MyHack technique.

Important thing is I haven't installed yet anyting : no extra kexts, no software, anything... this could maybe have something to do with Trim Enabler ? Since I'm installing over a SSD disk.

Reinstalled :

- First boot, I get bootcache error. (using manualy PCIRootUID=1.

- Second Boot, the hard drive is checked by the system at boot, I get in. Install Trim Enabler.

- Third boot, AppleFSCompression error, and again the error listed in the above post + Validation failed dataSuffix error too... but after some time, I get in the OS. Try to log in and it takes forever.

Going to try the myhack version... this is clearly not working for me :-/

Keep you posted.

Same behavior with MyHack... guess I will have to wait for a better solution... back to Lion until then.