Radeon HD 6870 os x not "detecting" drivers, assistence needed

serveroverload

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I just recently spent a good while getting Lion on my PC. And finally, everything seems to be working perfect, except for one little thing.

I have a radeon HD 6870 which is being detected by os x, but the drivers are not initialized properly. I have choppy gaming performance, everything that needs 3d acceleration is very slow and the revision ID in the displays tab shows 0x0000.

I did also flash the rom to efi/bios hybrid.

Anyone else had any issues with the 6870 or have any suggestions as to what i could do to fix this?

Thanks

GPU ROM Flash is only for real Macs made by Apple.

Add these lines to org.chameleon.Boot.plist :

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Duckweed</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

GPU ROM Flash is only for real Macs made by Apple.

Add these lines to org.chameleon.Boot.plist :

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>
<string>Yes</string>

Hello Funkoyote.

I have used the config you just wrote, except for the atiPorts bit. My current config looks like this

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>

You can see the AtiConfig at the bottom. Shouldnt this essentually do what yours does? Or should i do an attempt with yours? Mind mine is missing the AtiPorts key, but graphics enabler and duckweed is present.

The AtiPorts flag corresponds to the number of physical ports your 6870 has which as far as I know can have either 4 or 5. { DVI x2, HDMI, miniDP x2 or DVI x2 HDMI, DP)

Your cham boot plist should do the same as the one he posted minus the fact that you'll be using whatever default connectors duckweed provides for you since you're just loading it that way.

To see if Duckweed was actually loaded just check sys profiler and where it says Gibba for me it should of course say Duckweed for you.

Also just a side note, don't run off flashing your gpu it's not needed since it's mainly aimed at using in real Macs and secondly it's much more easier to just specify which framebuffer you want to use.

Screen%20Shot%202012-05-30%20at%201.38.50%20AM.png

The AtiPorts flag corresponds to the number of physical ports your 6870 has which as far as I know can have either 4 or 5. { DVI x2, HDMI, miniDP x2 or DVI x2 HDMI, DP)

Your cham boot plist should do the same as the one he posted minus the fact that you'll be using whatever default connectors duckweed provides for you since you're just loading it that way.

To see if Duckweed was actually loaded just check sys profiler and where it says Gibba for me it should of course say Duckweed for you.

Also just a side note, don't run off flashing your gpu it's not needed since it's mainly aimed at using in real Macs and secondly it's much more easier to just specify which framebuffer you want to use.

Screen%20Shot%202012-05-30%20at%201.38.50%20AM.png

Thanks, i'll flash it back to the default rom here in a bit.

On my os x, i see no info in the PCI Cards section. Should i just keep changing the bootplist until it eventually loads?

No you shouldn't it might be because of the card being flashed which is why it isn't showing (that's the closest assumption I can draw). You need not fiddle with the boot plist it should be fine as it is for now just reflash back to the default rom and load up the OS and see how things are looking.

Oh and the boot plist is always loaded no need to worry about that. 8)

No you shouldn't it might be because of the card being flashed which is why it isn't showing (that's the closest assumption I can draw). You need not fiddle with the boot plist it should be fine as it is for now just reflash back to the default rom and load up the OS and see how things are looking.

Oh and the boot plist is always loaded no need to worry about that. 8)

I think you might have been right. I edited the bootlist to pathecia, and rebooted. I forgot to change the extension to .plist so it was plain text. It loaded the default bootlist, and sure enough it loaded duckweed by default, and was showing my card in "PCI Cards" i think it might have done it! Off to test performance in some games!