[GUIDE] How to install iAtkos L2 on ASUS K53SV (SX961V) and starting without a BootCD

Hunnenkoenig

6 posts in this topic

First a few things hidden as SPOILER. You should read it if you see this the first time:

I messed around almost a week to find out, how simple it is to install iAtkos L2 (Lion 10.7.2) on my Asus Laptop and to boot it every time without needing a Boot CD. I gathered every bit of info on the net and I believe, there is no other solution for that anywhere.

I won't mention the sources, because there are so many, but thanks for everybody, who helped.

This is a Basic install!

There will be no nVidia drivers and no Audio!

I need OSX only to do Apple stuff, like uploading to the Appstore, so I don't care for any of that. I also don't know how to manage them, so don't ask me.

I simply wanted a clean install of OSX for being able to use xCode and other Apple stuff without having to use a very loud Boot CD/DVD every time I want to start my MAC partition.

I have a dual boot system. For that I have written another topic with another Asus laptop, but setting it up is practically the same, so I won't go into that detail. (http://www.insanelym...8;#entry1755436)

Warnings:

1. For WiFi you will have to change your WiFi card in the Laptop. Buy a AR9285 card for $15 and put it into your laptop or use an USB WiFi Dongle.

1. VOODOOHD Audio will cause a very loud feedback loop between your Mic and your Speakers. Don't install them! Search for custom kexts.

2. You will see an error message about nVidia ROM patch every time. Just ignore it.

GUIDE

1. Boot from DVD with iAtkos L2 (hit ESC at ASUS Logo and choose your DVD - hit enter)

2. At the BootLoader hit F8 and type: -v cpus=1 busratio=22

3. After booting on the Install screen choose your language and "Continue"

4. From the top menu bar choose "Utilities" then "Disk Utility"

5. Mark your partition and "Earese" as MAC OS Extended (Journaled)

6. Close "Disk Utility"

7. "Continue" and "Agree" to the iAtkos Terms of Use

8. Mark your MAC partition and click "Customize" on the left.

9. In the lists check AHCI SATA, USB, PS/2 (And AR9285 under WiFi if you changed the hardware). Pre checked things have to be checked of course!

10. Install

(Eventually you have to use rBoot-LE to restart the system at the first time)

11. Fill out the Apple stuff after your likings

12. Being on the desktop download "[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Lion Edition" and "rBoot-LE" from Tonymacx86.com

12a. For security reasons make a bootable USB with rBoot-LE

1. Start [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

2. Check Easy Beast

3. Change install path to your USB

4. Install

After USB finished:

1. In Applications/Utilities/Tools click the "Show-Hide Files" application

2. Start Disk Utility

3. Drag and drop the rBoot-LE.ISO file to the left column, where your disks are listed.

4. Mark the ISO and right click it

5. Click "Open Disk Image"

6. Drag and Drop the EXTRA folder to your USB

13. From rBoot-LE.iso extract the "EXTRA" folder and copy its content into the "EXTRA" folder on your MAC partition

1. In Applications/Utilities/Tools click the "Show-Hide Files" application

2. Start Disk Utility

3. Drag and drop the rBoot-LE.ISO file to the left column, where your disks are listed.

4. Mark the ISO and right click it

5. Click "Open Disk Image"

6. Drag and Drop the EXTRA folder to your EXTRA folder on your hard drive.

Additionally you can start Terminal and write the chflags nohidden (or chflags hidden) command, then drag and drop the EXTRA folder on the Terminal and hit enter. So you make the folder visible or invisible on the USB/HDD.

15. Additionally you can edit the BootLoader in "System Preferences" and set "arch" to x86_64, CPU to 1, and the BusRatio to 22.

16. Restart

Now your LION should reboot automatically without any problems.

For Audio, Ethernet and other stuff use this ZIP: http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2725

If you have problems, you can discuss them here and I will refine the GUIDE after reinstalling my system.

As I said, I messed with it a week and some steps may need another order or they need a restart in-between.

----

In case of emergency now you can boot your partition with the USB instead of a DVD.

• 2 weeks later...

I followed your guide but when the installation completes and the computer restarts I can not boot the system: 1) no dvd boot tells me: done and you start windows 2) with the DVDI will block on the screen and the apple charge indefinitely

How can I fix?

• 2 months later...

hi, my installation hang on "press F8", I can't write nothing only long press shutdown to restart machine.

Iatkos was burned at very low speed and on another machine works fawlessy.

You won't see a cursor or anything.

Just start typing.

You will see very small letters at the bottom(?) of the screen.

It is easy to overlook.

I followedyour guidebut whenthe installation completesand the computerrestartsI can notboot the system:1)nodvdboottells me: doneand you startwindows2)with the DVDIwillblock on thescreenandthe applechargeindefinitely

Howcan I fix?

If you have windows on it, you need additional steps to make it dual boot.

Read my other topic about dual boot.

You can do the same to make a dual boot system described in that topic.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...